MagneRide suspension

racrguy

Anyone with a custom order waiting to be built with MagneRide, I just got this e-mail from my dealer:

We were just made aware that the option "MagneRide Dampening System" is in very short supply which is contained in the Performance Package Level 2 on your Mustang.
As of this morning, 1120 retail Mustang orders are being held containing this option. Note, these orders are all retail orders waiting to be built, not stock orders.
The assembly plant is working closely with the supplier to increase this option as quickly as possible.
Our goal is to have your vehicle serialized and built in time for the drafting.
We have verified that the order is prioritized and will check daily on its status.

I figured this was why I hadn't gotten a build date or anything yet, but only just now received confirmation of it.

Edited by racrguy
  • Like 2

Anyone with a custom order waiting to be built with MagneRide, I just got this e-mail from my dealer:

I figured this was why I hadn't gotten a build date or anything yet, but only just now received confirmation of it.

The MagneRide suspension option has always been a controlled commodity option with very limited availability.

• Like 1

I know I ordered my 2018 GT PP1 on 2/19/18 and it didn't arrive at the dealer until 6/29/18. MadneRide was represented why it took so long. I can represent that it's worth the wait. Take a deep breath and relax (Fuzzymoomoo can you believe I stating that :)).

When was your order? It sounds like it was recent and that you don't have a VIN yet? I ordered June 8, and have an EDD of Sept. 14.

• Like 1

man i wish my dealer would let me know of important details like this.

i feel like i know way more than the dealer at this point about the ordering process for mustangs. (thanks of course to you guys ;) )

THE WAIT. CONTINUES.

(my retail order went in on 6/21, originally had a stock order go in on 4/25 but that clearly was never gonna get scheduled)

Edited by ALLSTOCK
  • Like 1

man i wish my dealer would let me know of important details like this.

i feel like i know way more than the dealer at this point about the ordering process for mustangs. (thanks of course to you guys ;) )

THE WAIT. CONTINUES.

(my retail order went in on 6/21, originally had a stock order go in on 4/25 but that clearly was never gonna get scheduled)

I ordered my Mustang GT PP2 401A on 4/12. I have not been scheduled yet either. From the looks of it, I will not see my car until December. I have waited my whole life for a Mustang so I can definitely wait a few more months! LOL

Thank you for sharing this. I figured the same thing considering I have not gotten my VIN or build date yet either.

I ordered my Mustang GT PP2 401A on 4/12. I have not been scheduled yet either. From the looks of it, I will not see my car until December. I have waited my whole life for a Mustang so I can definitely wait a few more months! LOL

Not good news for me. I ordered in June because I was trying to plan to have my car in sept. That way I would have my truck paid off and ready for a big down payment. Guess if it doesn't build till oct or nov I will have enough to just buy it outright.

• Like 1

Not good news for me. I ordered in June because I was trying to plan to have my car in sept. That way I would have my truck paid off and ready for a big down payment. Guess if it doesn't build till oct or nov I will have enough to just buy it outright.

yep. wont even need financing by then lol.

Might snag a set of winter tires/wheels too while im at it then..

I appreciate your enthusiasm for the new ride, thats awesome!

• Like 1

The MagneRide suspension option has always been a controlled commodity option with very limited availability.

I knew it had been, I just didn't realize the backlog was so large.

When was your order? It sounds like it was recent and that you don't have a VIN yet? I ordered June 8, and have an EDD of Sept. 14.

According to cyberdman in the tracking forum, my order was placed 6/18, I put the deposit down on 6/14. THANKS, WEEKEND!

Your dealer has the same information that's been posted here. They're just too lazy to keep up with it and tell you.

Getting information from them has been a bit difficult. I hadn't seen a backlog amount posted in the past, so I figured I'd let everybody know just how many cars are waiting.

Unfortunately for me, my financing has expiration dates, so I'll have to go through the whole rigamarole again once I finally get a VIN.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The MagneRide suspension is and will continue to be an extremely limited production option.

Yes I know.

Was just wondering if there was any movement on magride orders, or if the actual magride units were being shipped and delivered to the plant

Thanks!

I've got radio silence regarding the number of backordered magneride cars, I'm pressing my dealer to see about getting ford corporate to reclassify my order to priority 1, I don't mind waiting a few months, but 2 months without even a build date is BS.