2019 Expedition Order Guide

ice-capades

Well the Expedition team didn't get the memo on reducing build combos. Limited is ridiculous with 4 trim levels:

300A (virtually no options other than Navigation and Vista Roof),

301A adds driver assistance, navigation and vista roof plus Special Edition package

302A adds LED lights, active park assist, 22" wheels, 360 camera and CCD

303A adds the Stealth package

Kill 300A and 301A and 303A.

Make 302A the base package but include the cargo package, LED headlamps, 360 camera, CCD Suspension and park assist std.

Options

- Nav

- Vista Roof

- Special Edition

- Stealth package

- Wheels

It’s more about being able to find what a customer wants in inventory and how many variations the dealer has to stock. You would think dealers would order them the way I detailed but I’ve found that dealers often leave off a lot of the options.

At least if you get a Platinum you know it’s fully loaded.

I believe the different trim levels are geared towards specific customer bases. The 300 is more for rental and fleet sales as its the perfect combo and the right options to add for a premium rental vehicle. The 301 is more for ppl who want the premium feel but dont want the 22in wheels, the perfect luxury starter pkg if u will. 302 is for those who want the options for the platinum but not the chrome overload. Now, the 303 is for those who want a more cohesive look to their truck. Seems very smart to me, plus most people order their trucks now anyway so more options and choices seems like a no brainer. Since you can get a 301 now with ccd and 22s, seems like the supplies are where they need to be at, but it seems redundant though since they are keeping the 302.

It’s more about being able to find what a customer wants in inventory and how many variations the dealer has to stock. You would think dealers would order them the way I detailed but I’ve found that dealers often leave off a lot of the options.

At least if you get a Platinum you know it’s fully loaded.

Yeah but trying to get a Platinum for stock is virtually impossible!

I don't think most people order their vehicles now. I think it's still a minority - 20% or less.

The customers that place factory orders are those that know the exact specifications they want, can't find a matching vehicle in stock and don't mind waiting to get the vehicle they require from the factory. I'd say that it's actually 10% or less for customers placing factory orders.

The customers that place factory orders are those that know the exact specifications they want, can't find a matching vehicle in stock and don't mind waiting to get the vehicle they require from the factory. I'd say that it's actually 10% or less for customers placing factory orders.

Even lower than I thought. People just assume others buy the way they do.

Well. Still no 360 camera together with FX4. While it is super useful on a forest road. While 22” wheels are not. Bummer.

Will see what new GLS450 will bring with off road package. Can wait a year. Want both those features.

If I understand it correctly, the only part of the FX4 your missing on the 360 camera equipped Platinum (with towing package) is the two skid plates which would be easily had aftermarket. I would think the 2-speed transfer case of the Expedition would be much better on forest road then one speed of GLS450.

Well. Still no 360 camera together with FX4. While it is super useful on a forest road. While 22” wheels are not. Bummer.

Will see what new GLS450 will bring with off road package. Can wait a year. Want both those features.

The Raptor has the 360 camera and I wish it didn't. So far, that's my only complaint. It seems that vehicles equipped with it default to a split rear and 360 view, making both views so small, it's useless for me. In order to get full rear view as I've always had on every other Ford or Lincoln, I have to put the truck in reverse and then reach over to the camera button to select full rear view. This is really annoying when I start backing up and forget and then have to select in the middle of backing up. I've seen a few complaints from people that move trailers frequently. They say unless you hit dead center first shot, you need to keep resetting the camera each time you put the truck in reverse.

The Raptor has the 360 camera and I wish it didn't. So far, that's my only complaint. It seems that vehicles equipped with it default to a split rear and 360 view, making both views so small, it's useless for me. In order to get full rear view as I've always had on every other Ford or Lincoln, I have to put the truck in reverse and then reach over to the camera button to select full rear view. This is really annoying when I start backing up and forget and then have to select in the middle of backing up. I've seen a few complaints from people that move trailers frequently. They say unless you hit dead center first shot, you need to keep resetting the camera each time you put the truck in reverse.

As akirby mentioned, the split view works fine for me.

Technology is nice and all, but whatever happened to using your mirrors?

You haven't driven a big honkin truck with the 360 system have you? It's really amazing. I still use my mirrors, but the 360 camera system makes parking a huge truck a breeze. I find it easier to park my F350 than the Milan we have due to the visibility with the cameras.

You haven't driven a big honkin truck with the 360 system have you? It's really amazing. I still use my mirrors, but the 360 camera system makes parking a huge truck a breeze. I find it easier to park my F350 than the Milan we have due to the visibility with the cameras.

the biggest "truck" I've ever driven was my 2002 Explorer Sport

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

At my age, the images are too small and squeezed together. I shouldn't need to have my vehicle in reverse to select the view that works best for me.It should allow me to choose a desired setting so it will default to it. That's the kind of thing that gets someone involved in a hard to explain accident.

At my age, the images are too small and squeezed together. I shouldn't need to have my vehicle in reverse to select the view that works best for me.It should allow me to choose a desired setting so it will default to it. That's the kind of thing that gets someone involved in a hard to explain accident.

I get your point. It would be nice to be able to select some default settings. It would allow for better personalization.

With that said, I must agree the 360 system is awesome though. You dont realize how nice it is until you have the option for yourself.