Chassis cab Ranger

Those vents are called baffles. They allow air to escape when closing the doors.....
Anyone here been in an old school VW Beetle when the door gets closed? You ears would almost pop because there wasn't a way for the air to escape. :)

• Like 1

I'm going to sound stupid here, but I've always wondered - what are the vents in the back of the cabs of trucks for?

They are gravity vents (or baffles). They stay closed until a positive pressure forces them open (slamming a door), once the pressure is relieved they close again.

That is the US Spec Ranger up front, I didn't expect this vehicle to happen here actually but I knew Ranger would be essential to their growing non-retail business.

And it's also a single cab version in base XL Trim which was the missing piece of the puzzle.

Now the complaining will start that buyers wanting a cheap two door truck can't access it.

I'm expecting a tub option for those that want a basic fleet pick up but the chassis versions

will be great for lots of small businesses that have unique needs filled by up fitters

P2180359.JPG

But I do love this

pxranger3_480x480.jpg?v=1487208003

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

How does a Ranger tell you to turn your head and cough?

needed a physical for a hi-lo license but because the group was so big half of us were sent to medical at final instead of body.

Probably should mention Im no longer in final assembly, and where Im assigned Ill be stamping firewalls for the F-150 for both DTP and Kansas City.

@Fuzzy, just curious, would you rather be in final assembly or stamping?

Not sure yet, never been in stamping before. Aside from needing to wear long sleeves and pants which will really suck in the middle of summer stamping sounds a LOT batter than final. Ill find out for sure when I go back for good on 8/6.
  • Like 1

Not sure yet, never been in stamping before. Aside from needing to wear long sleeves and pants which will really suck in the middle of summer stamping sounds a LOT batter than final. Ill find out for sure when I go back for good on 8/6.

Do they make you wear High Vis uniforms?

Congrats. Is it safe to assume that if you are stamping F-150 parts you will be at a different location than MAP? Working on F-series sounds like a pretty secure place to be, not that the Ranger plant is not... ;)

Im still at MAP, Im just going to North Stamping (which is in the old Wayne Assembly building). Nothing done there is for MAP Final/paint. Also do roof rails for KTP Super Duty, floor pans for Escape and MKC and a couple of other things I cant remember off hand right now.

If I want to later on I can try to bump to body and actually build Ranger/Bronco bodies, which since Im back on C-Crew Im not sure if it will work as well as it used to now that I have kid(s), so theres that. Its going to depend on where the most money and OT is for me without killing myself honestly.