Is Any Part of 2019 Ranger Aluminum?

bobbyd

The Aluminum components are US only I believe, they are all distinctive to the US Ranger. The big reason for that was to offset the added weight of the steel bumpers and extended frame mounts in a vehicle that's already a bit porky for the segment despite being somewhat on the smaller side.

Edited by Assimilator
  • Like 2

The Aluminum components are US only I believe, they are all distinctive to the US Ranger. The big reason for that was to offset the added weight of the steel bumpers and extended frame mounts in a vehicle that's already a bit porky for the segment despite being somewhat on the smaller side.

Good observation, I never thought of that.
  • Like 1

Why are you thankful the bed is steel?

I have an '04 Ranger now that my brother, sons, and I use for our lawn care and handyman business. It continues to serve us well but it has over 340,000 miles on the odometer now. It's time to shop for a new truck in the next year or so.

Our next truck will be a 2019 or 2020 Ford Ranger. I'm thankful the 2019 Ranger bed is steel because it will provide the durability that we need in our truck. I'm also thankful that Ford learned from its mistakes and chose a sensible mixed materials approach for the U.S. Ranger.

I have an '04 Ranger now that my brother, sons, and I use for our lawn care and handyman business. It continues to serve us well but it has over 340,000 miles on the odometer now. It's time to shop for a new truck in the next year or so.

Our next truck will be a 2019 or 2020 Ford Ranger. I'm thankful the 2019 Ranger bed is steel because it will provide the durability that we need in our truck. I'm also thankful that Ford learned from its mistakes and chose a sensible mixed materials approach for the U.S. Ranger.

They didn't make that choice - it wasn't feasible to make such a change on the current Ranger platform. They may or may not make that change on the new platform.

I have a "beer can" bed with Line-X premium and I would not be worried about using it just like any other truck.

You do realize how many aluminum F Series work trucks invalidate your statement right?

• Like 2

You do realize how many aluminum F Series work trucks invalidate your statement right?

Nothing to invalidate tbone sir. Aluminum alloy is not a good choice for constructing a pickup truck bed. Just the nature of the material.

For our business, my family members and I regularly load our old Ford Ranger with lawn mowers & tractors, masonry, wood, soil, power tools, etc. The Ranger's bed is scuffed and scratched up for sure after 14 years, but remains structurally strong because of the steel construction. We are confident that the new 2019 or 2020 Ranger we'll purchase in the next year will provide the same level of durability.

People who use pickup trucks for work don't want something like this, it's what happens with load shifting in a "beer can" bed.

sov2hx.jpg

Nothing to invalidate tbone sir. Aluminum alloy is not a good choice for constructing a pickup truck bed. Just the nature of the material.

For our business, my family members and I regularly load our old Ford Ranger with lawn mowers & tractors, masonry, wood, soil, power tools, etc. The Ranger's bed is scuffed and scratched up for sure after 14 years, but remains structurally strong because of the steel construction. We are confident that the new 2019 or 2020 Ranger we'll purchase in the next year will provide the same level of durability.

People who use pickup trucks for work don't want something like this, it's what happens with load shifting in a "beer can" bed.

sov2hx.jpg

You sir are an idiot....that truck was damaged by a backhoe loader and not by a "shifting load" as reported in meme world. That backhoe loader would have similarly damaged your beloved steel bed in the same manner.

Edited by twintornados
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...