...And FCA June 2018

atomcat68

I'm curious what Jeep's fleet sales are like. I get that Compass is all new and Cherokee got a refresh, but both up almost double?

Ive had one compass, one Grand Cherokee, and 2 Cherokees the past 6 months. The most surprising rental I had in the last 6 months; a previous generation Honda Accord. Nissan seems to have stopped the massive fleet dump too, for about a month last year thats all I would end up with.

From the press release:

FCA retail sales came in at 155,208, marking the best June sales since 2004 when sales reached 155,663 vehicles. Fleet accounted for 23 percent of total sales, a 1 percent decline from the previous year.

It doesnt break down Jeep, but considering total fleet sales are down a bit from last year Id say no big difference.

• Like 1

I'm curious what Jeep's fleet sales are like.

Fleet sales of Jeep brand vehicles have always been a lower percentage than FCA as a whole. Based on the data Anthony found along with past trends, I'd estimate 11 - 15% of Jeep's total sales last month were to fleets.

Jeep has lower fleet sale vs. industry because its entire line up is SUVs which has generally low fleet mix vs. cars, trucks or vans. However, just about all of Jeep's fleet sales are to rental customers. Rental companies are buying a lot more SUVs than they used to because people like them and will pay more to rent one.