June '18 Sales Results

I can see the Flex having a relatively small but dedicated group of buyers. The people who buy them really love them.

My mom loves hers. I spent some time driving it regularly last winter, and I have to admit that I'm rather fond of it, too. It has, by far, the best interior packaging of any D3/D4, and was plenty comfortable on the few trips I took.

• Like 2

Dealers running out of F Series stock is still the after affects of fire at supplier and plant stoppages at end of May/early June,

inventory was down approximately 45,000 which obviously tightened up supplies to dealerships. 79K is still a great result.

Thank you, fordmantpw and silvrsvt, for replying to my request.

The only time it's an issue is if the vehicle has rare parts and/or was made in relatively small numbers (like the Lincoln LS). Not a problem on high volume mass produced regular vehicles.

My mom loves hers. I spent some time driving it regularly last winter, and I have to admit that I'm rather fond of it, too. It has, by far, the best interior packaging of any D3/D4, and was plenty comfortable on the few trips I took.

have a close friend who has one from the 1st year built his wife drove till last Christmas and he bought her a new one and gave the older one to his son who is 1st year in college. I would not be surprised if he bought another the lest year they are made.....

The only time it's an issue is if the vehicle has rare parts and/or was made in relatively small numbers (like the Lincoln LS). Not a problem on high volume mass produced regular vehicles.

FWIW, I didn't have any problems with warranty repairs on my '06 LS. I didn't have problems with parts availability until almost ten years after I bought the car (which was a few months after they stopped building them).

Dealers running out of F Series stock is still the after affects of fire at supplier and plant stoppages at end of May/early June,

inventory was down approximately 45,000 which obviously tightened up supplies to dealerships. 79K is still a great result.

It's interesting to note that Ford "only" has a 50,000 sales lead over GM full-size trucks so far this year.

Edited by Assimilator

I'd consider another, but can't justify buying one now that's the same thing as what I have with a different grille, headlights, and gauges/center stack, but no other changes.

do you still have the Flex along with your Stang?

gonna update your profile?

I had a 2013 MKZ Hybrid for 3 years (lease) and I really liked it. I was considering buying a 2019 MKZ-H next spring (maybe even the Black Label version), but I am uncertain now what I will do if Lincoln decides to quit making them (I realize it is unclear whether Ford/Lincoln will quit making Fusions and MKZs in the next year or so).

just-imho - that's a difficult timetable & DO NOT believe Anything you read until Ford announces what it Will Be building next summer; like OrderBank opening & Job1 dates...

...ie ignore any announcements about what Lincoln wON'T be building = mis-direction

imho

It's interesting to note that Ford "only" has a 50,000 sales lead over GM full-size trucks so far this year.

Welcome to GM where every month is a truck month...

It's actually closer to 60,000 lead, well 59,190......

Year to date sales

F Series..............451,138

Silverado............291,074

Sierra.................100,874

Total YTD...........391,948

A lead of almost 10,000 trucks a month almost compensates for Colorado/Canyon...

Edited by jpd80

FWIW, I didn't have any problems with warranty repairs on my '06 LS. I didn't have problems with parts availability until almost ten years after I bought the car (which was a few months after they stopped building them).

Parts availability has actually gotten better for the LS in the last couple years. When I redid the rear suspension on our old '05 in 2016, I ended up cobbling together new control arm bushings using universal urethane race parts and machining the outer race for an interference fit in the control arm myself. I had probably 20 hours of labor into that thing rebuilding the control arms so I didn't have to spring for replacements from the dealer at $400/each. Now I see Rockauto has aftermarket control arms for $50/each. That only came about in the last couple years because I definitely searched high and low before doing all that labor.

Edited by Sevensecondsuv
  • Like 1

I always see a ton of Flex when Im in SW Michigan. Seems popular with the summer home crowd. I love ours. Like has been said, Id buy another but hard to justify with practically no updates. (And I prefer the original grille).

Im hoping the Bronco appeals to me otherwise the replacement to our Flex will likely not be a Ford.

I always see a ton of Flex when Im in SW Michigan. Seems popular with the summer home crowd. I love ours. Like has been said, Id buy another but hard to justify with practically no updates. (And I prefer the original grille).

Im hoping the Bronco appeals to me otherwise the replacement to our Flex will likely not be a Ford.

Theres really nothing out there like it.

Theres really nothing out there like it.

I wonder if the market has changed enough since 2009 that the flex could get another lease on life with a substantial update. In 2009 cars were still in demand. The flex was different. But now maybe could market it like a cuv and actually market it like it deserves.

• Like 1

My wife likes the Wrangler, so I'm hoping a Bronco is in the cards for our Flex replacement in a few years. If not a Bronco, likely an Edge.

I wonder if the market has changed enough since 2009 that the flex could get another lease on life with a substantial update. In 2009 cars were still in demand. The flex was different. But now maybe could market it like a cuv and actually market it like it deserves.

It would have to go to CD6 as the D4 platform will be orphaned. I think it would sell well as a 'white space' vehicle though, and would love to see Ford update it.

My wife likes the Wrangler, so I'm hoping a Bronco is in the cards for our Flex replacement in a few years. If not a Bronco, likely an Edge.

It would have to go to CD6 as the D4 platform will be orphaned. I think it would sell well as a 'white space' vehicle though, and would love to see Ford update it.

I already have an Edge and its been relatively a POS. Wrangler was the runner up to the Edge, and will be in the running to replace the Flex.

I too could see Flex name used on a white space vehicle.

I already have an Edge and its been relatively a POS. Wrangler was the runner up to the Edge, and will be in the running to replace the Flex.

I too could see Flex name used on a white space vehicle.

I think you are on to something there with the Flex name. Flex makes a good white space vehicle name in my mind.