June '18 Sales Results

Navigator sales more than doubled with ATPs up $27K! Holy cash cow!

Nice to see Lincoln back positive overall too. Continental numbers are disappointing, though.

It'll be interesting to see how Nautilus does. When does it arrive?

The day I picked up my 2018 F150 my salesman had just sold their last F150 SuperCrew that morning.

Had to beg two truck off area dealers just to have a couple on the lot.

Man, if dealers around here only had a couple of trucks on the lot, people would think they were going out of business.
  • Like 2

Man, if dealers around here only had a couple of trucks on the lot, people would think they were going out of business.

They sold 22 just from that $3000.00 cash voucher program. I got lucky and ordered my truck on their last order allotment.

Flex keeps plugging along...

It's crazy, really. All on something that hasn't been touched in 5 years. Heck, it looks nearly identical with the same engine / transmission as our '09 model.

Same here!

• Like 1

It's crazy, really. All on something that hasn't been touched in 5 years. Heck, it looks nearly identical with the same engine / transmission as our '09 model.

Same here!

I'm sure it's mostly fleet/rental at this point, though.

Not too shabby overall, mostly the same trends we've seen all year. Their Utilities and Crossovers fairly flat overall with better retail on Expedition and excellent growth on Navigator. The decline on their cars are picking up once again as C-Max and Focus phase out. If Ford can keep their sales fairly flat for the year, that's an achievement with the loss of volume products and no major new products.

Lincoln Continental is fading very fast now along with MKZ, probably a good time to phase those out now. Their utilities are pulling all of the weight now and doing quite well offsetting their massive car declines.

Edited by Assimilator

I can see the Flex having a relatively small but dedicated group of buyers. The people who buy them really love them.

I'd consider another, but can't justify buying one now that's the same thing as what I have with a different grille, headlights, and gauges/center stack, but no other changes.

Lincoln Continental is fading very fast now along with MKZ, probably a good time to phase those out now. Their utilities are pulling all of the weight now and doing quite well offsetting their massive car declines.

I think it would be a shame to discontinue the MKZ as, other than the somewhat snug back seat leg room issue, it is a really fine vehicle and the hybrid model gets really good gas mileage for a mid-size luxury car.

Edited by 1984Poke
  • Like 1

I had a 2013 MKZ Hybrid for 3 years (lease) and I really liked it. I was considering buying a 2019 MKZ-H next spring (maybe even the Black Label version), but I am uncertain now what I will do if Lincoln decides to quit making them (I realize it is unclear whether Ford/Lincoln will quit making Fusions and MKZs in the next year or so).

Edited by 1984Poke

Ford's financial report said that by 2020 they would be down to Mustang and Focus Active, so my guess is 2020 is the final MY for Fusion and MKZ.

I would like to get input from people herewho know the auto industry much better than I do on the topic of buying a vehicle in its last years of production (a vehicle that is being phased out of production). Is that going to cause problems for me in terms of service and support in later years?

I was thinking of buying a 2019 MKZ Hybrid next spring and keeping it for several years (5 to 7 years). What do you think? Bad idea? OK as long as I keep it only 5 to 7 years? I am honestly interested in getting thoughtful input from others here. Thanks.

Edited by 1984Poke
  • Like 1

I would like to get input from people herewho know the auto industry much better than I do on the topic of buying a vehicle in its last years of production (a vehicle that is being phased out of production). Is that going to cause problems for me in terms of service and support in later years?

I was thinking of buying a 2019 MKZ Hybrid next spring and keeping it for several years (5 to 7 years). What do you think? Bad idea? OK as long as I keep it only 5 to 7 years? I am honestly interested in getting thoughtful input from others here. Thanks.

You won't have any issues. We have a 2010 Milan, which was not only the last year for the Milan, but also the last year for Mercury. We're dealing with the infamous Takata airbag recall now, and we are being treated just like a Ford customer of a current vehicle. Have no worries, just buy the car you like and enjoy it.

• Like 1

Same here!

If anything it's a lesser vehicle than before - some of the quality touches - silver panels around the window switches, center stack, color matching air vents (all front air vents are black even if you have the light tan interior), etc. - are now gone.

Shouldn't be an issue at all IMO

• Like 1

If anything it's a lesser vehicle than before - some of the quality touches - silver panels around the window switches, center stack, color matching air vents (all front air vents are black even if you have the light tan interior), etc. - are now gone.

Nice. And the only two-tone top color is now black.