Nautilus Build and Price is up

Lincoln ordering has always been pretty simple, especially compared to Ford.

Most exciting thing for me is the Chalet Black Label theme which I would want. I like that we finally have a Metallic Black again and some new interior colors. Wheels look good.

I still wish it got the HUD, that might be a deal breaker for me this time since it's available on virtually everything in this segment.

Edited by Assimilator

Yes, I looked deeper at the order guide and it has been cleaned up a lot. I do find it interesting that you have to go to the top of the line Nautilus to get the Adaptive Cruise, where you can get it on a mid level Edge. Rain Sensing wipers are also standard on all Edge's while optional on Nautilus base/mid-level. It was nice to see the Enhanced security package to become standard (stupid $60 option) Though they should have combined the Tech and Driver assist packages on the Reserve and the Ultimate package should be that package and what is currently in the Ultimate package. They still need some fine tuning.

With the update I actually see less reason to get the MKX over the updated Edge vs this generation. Powertrain should have been 2.3L should have been standard on the Nautilus, along with the 3.0L even if you had to detune it for packaging.

• Like 2

Expected that the 3.7L NA motor is dropped....and the 2.0L Ecoboost motor is added, but if you move down to MKC, the larger and more powerful 2.3L Ecoboost motor is available. Does this mean that when MKC is updated and renamed Corsair, the 2.3L will not be available? I would have assumed that the 2.3L EB motor would make an appearance under the hood of Nautilus....

• Like 2

The MKX has been sold in China with the 2.0L. It's a great engine, might perform better with the 8-Speed. The Corsair is still a smaller and cheaper utility than Nautilus, no matter how you price it up with the available engine, but that's nothing new.

Edited by Assimilator

...engine capacity issue (or maybe a factory issue...

imho, not being able to make enough of an existing engine seems as incompetent/inadequate

as

--- only having a 203hp v6 for 2005's Year Of The Car

--- only put a $10k BEV drivetrain in a Focus + you have to ship-out the building

--- can't even offer the existing Energi in your LUXury Brand

:facepalm: / smh

Edited by 2b2

imho, not being able to make enough of an existing engine seems as incompetent

as

--- only having a 203hp v6 for 2005's Year Of The Car

--- only put a $10k BEV drivetrain in a Focus + you have to ship-out the building

--- can't even offer the existing Energi in your LUXury Brand

:facepalm: / smh

It has nothing whatsoever to do with incompetence. It has everything to do with the business case. How many more Nautiluses would they sell with the 2.3 instead of the 2.0? Now compare that to whatever it would cost to increase 2.3 production. Maybe it would require a brand new factory or maybe a huge investment to retool an existing factory. Or maybe it would require cutting back on other engines with more profit potential?

The MKX has been sold in China with the 2.0L. It's a great engine, might perform better with the 8-Speed. The Corsair is still a smaller and cheaper utility than Nautilus, no matter how you price it up with the available engine, but that's nothing new.

As an interesting side note - the 2.0L Ecoboost is rated higher in towing in the MKC than a comparable MKC with the 2.3L EB motor...

As an interesting side note - the 2.0L Ecoboost is rated higher in towing in the MKC than a comparable MKC with the 2.3L EB motor...

With the tow package they're both 3000 lbs. If the rating is different without the tow package it's probably because the 2.3L requires AWD.

• Like 1

With the update I actually see less reason to get the MKX over the updated Edge vs this generation. Powertrain should have been 2.3L should have been standard on the Nautilus, along with the 3.0L even if you had to detune it for packaging.

That's was my argument when they introduced the nautilus months ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Elsewhere here, ice-capades posted the 2019 MKZ order guide, which I enjoyed reading this morning. On the Lincoln web site, one cannot yet build a 2019 MKZ but one can build a 2019 MKC.

Any ideas when the Lincoln web site will let us build a 2019 Z?

And any ideas why the web site allows building some 2019 models at this time but not all 2019 models, at least not yet? Is it just a workload issue (the web gurus can only do one at a time?) or are there other reasons for a staggered rollout of build your own capability on the web site? Thanks.

Ah. Interesting. Thank you. I had seen the 2019 MKC and MKT build thingies on the Lincoln web site but not the MKX (well, Nautilus) build thingie. I am looking forward to seeing one for the MKZ someday soon. Thanks again.

Edited by 1984Poke