Convertible question

JBWoody

Hi all,
Forgive me if this is already a topic of conversation elsewhere. But I have just a quick question for the group regarding convertible tops and car washes. Has anyone here taken their convertible through an automatic carwash? Owner's manual says "Hi-pressure water may cause water leaks and possible seal damage to the convertible top" and to "avoid hot wax on vinyl materials during car washes" so I'm a little leery of taking my new car through an automatic wash. However I've read in other places online that people have taken their cars through carwashes and have had no problems. I've had my 2018 GT convertible a little under a month now and it's in need another good wash (did a hand wash two weekends ago). Just wanted to stir up a little conversation and get some things to think about before I decide to send it through a carwash and cause myself a lot of headaches. I look forward to your feedback.