ncmingomama

My family has always had Fords. My FIL sold Fords, and that's been our go-to line of cars for decades.

I loved my mini van(s) when my kids were little. I transitioned out of them, and went into an Explorer (2008), then into a Fusion (2014), then into an Escape (2013 - used).

Due to family circumstances, I needed a minivan again. BUT FORD DOESN'T MAKE THEM! I'm so used to all the nice touches of a Ford, like the outside the door key pad, the dash layout is the same in all our cars, etc.

So, with the need to get a mini-van, I got a Toyota Sienna. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice car, but it's not a Ford

If anyone from Ford reads this forum, please ask that mini-vans start being built again. I miss it!

Uh...Transit Connect wagon??

2fef14dc11e639381bd9b1e55b6620d7.png

While it's technically a minivan, it in no way compares to a Sienna, Odyssey, Pacifica, etc. in regards to features & comfort. Don't get me wrong, I do like the Transit Connect very much, but it's not going to pull any minivan buyers from Toyota, Honda, Chrysler, etc. Now if Ford would take the Transit Custom and put on dual sliding electric doors, powered hatch and match the features of the Sienna, Odyssey, Pacifica, etc. on the inside, then they might be able to compete. A 2.3EB base engine, 2.7EB optional engine & maybe a hybrid and/or diesel option would be nice too.

Ford-Tourneo_Custom-2018-ig.jpg

Edited by NLPRacing

The Transit Connect is a minivan that is available in the North American market. Per request, it has been presented. Your posting of the Transit Custom which is not available here is only a tease....great vehicle indeed, but...not available here.

FWIW - I did say "if". :)

• Like 1

The last mini-van that Ford built was a MAJOR DISASTER ! The Windstar/Freestar had MULTIPLE recalls for MAJOR STRUCTURAL failures. Sales were never very good because both the Chrysler and Honda products were far superior.

The Ford "corporate memory" is still working and I doubt you will see a mini-van from Ford US for many more years.

It's not worth the investment in a one-off platform where the competition is so good and the market is declining.

Galaxie could work with a nip and tuck, but even then, declining market with established loyalties. Youd be fighting KIA for fourth place.

Galaxie could work with a nip and tuck, but even then, declining market with established loyalties. Youd be fighting KIA for fourth place.

Actually, NLPRacing hit on a good vibe with Transit Custom - it can play well in the minivan wagon market with accouterments from Torneo trim levels AND be a break out star with the cargo van / service van set with a Custom that fits a nice niche....