2018 J.D. Power Initial Quality Survey

Awesome to see this, although it seems to coincide with the age of the fleet since Ford always tanks when they are releasing new products (especially under Mullally). I think what's really impressive is Chevy which launched a TON of new products and is still top of the charts, not sure how GM pulls that off but they never seem to have the huge problems Ford and FCA have with new vehicle launches.

Edited by Assimilator
  • Like 1

Genesis vehicle posted ahead of Ford. How many Genesis vehicles are actually built and sold compared to Ford? Not sure how they consider a handful of vehicles from a low volume producer (Genesis) compared to a large volume producer (Ford)???

One hopeful outcome.....Will this stop that bearded Twinkie doing the Chevy is best for initial quality commercials? Oh someone say yes.....please say yes!!

...... I think what's really impressive is Chevy which launched a TON of new products and is still top of the charts, not sure how GM pulls that off but they never seem to have the huge problems Ford and FCA have with new vehicle launches.

I read in Automotive News a few years back that GM rehires (on contract) many retired plant engineers whenever they have a new product launch. These old guys know what's involved in launching a new vehicle and can look for potential problems. In turn, they can also teach the new plant engineers.

• Like 1

Genesis vehicle posted ahead of Ford. How many Genesis vehicles are actually built and sold compared to Ford? Not sure how they consider a handful of vehicles from a low volume producer (Genesis) compared to a large volume producer (Ford)???

One hopeful outcome.....Will this stop that bearded Twinkie doing the Chevy is best for initial quality commercials? Oh someone say yes.....please say yes!!

It's not the brand - it's the dealer network. Genesis/Kia/Hyundai.

• Like 1

Awesome to see this, although it seems to coincide with the age of the fleet since Ford always tanks when they are releasing new products (especially under Mullally). I think what's really impressive is Chevy which launched a TON of new products and is still top of the charts, not sure how GM pulls that off but they never seem to have the huge problems Ford and FCA have with new vehicle launches.

I've got one of those new Mullally Fords (2010 SHO) and while it's initial quality needed work (knock sensor, range sensor, 3x tail lights due to peeling, and a few other things), once that was sorted out it's been rock solid for 126k.