Need Advice On Polishing My Lower Side Molding

bdegrand

I have a Black 2017 C MAX that I clean and polish faithfully. However, I noticed a common issue on the bottom side flat black molding(below the door) that tends to turn to a white haze over time. It seems common on other identical vehicles. I have used both McGuire Carnuba and Turtle Wax ICE....they both use to enhance the mat black finish , however, it seems they don't holdup anymore after a few hand washing. Does anyone else have a suggestion. I have seen some other C MAX owners vehicles where the molding has turned a horrible chalk white from the original black!

Good recommendations, experienced the problem also. Seems to be an age, sun exposure and wax residue common issue. First had this happen on my '69 road runner with the matt black hood. Ended up wiping down with a lightly oiled cloth, lasted about as long as between washings, but this was 1969 too. The wax shows up white in every seam, nook and crannie also. Don't let wax dry on if out waxing on a sunny day, will never get off (been there, done it of coarse).

Boss 302 stripes are a problem also with any buildup collecting in the seams and what affect wax has on the reflective component, well not really sure. Some even tape them off when waxing. I do a light buffing on occasion and use the wash 'n wax products. The gleam is exceptional so something's got to be there. Some antique and collector car enthusiasts won't even wax (not saying all of coarse). Have heard of tooth brushes being used to clean any left on wax areas that can't be reached. Oh well......