Lincoln Way app -- maintenance schedule?

I'm trying to use the Lincoln Way app to check the maintenance schedule for my Navigator.

I go to the home screen, then click on My Vehicle, then click on the image of my Navigator. Then I click on Maintenance Schedule.

Every time I see a little message about "unable to connect" followed by a screen that says "No Maintenance Schedule Available" and tells me to contact the dealership for the schedule. Ugh.

Does this work for anyone?

FYI, the rest of the app works ok, including allowing me to remote-start the vehicle.

I do wish it let me remotely open/close windows and sunroof and remotely adjust the a/c settings, but at least starting it is nice.

I'm trying to use the Lincoln Way app to check the maintenance schedule for my Navigator.

I go to the home screen, then click on My Vehicle, then click on the image of my Navigator. Then I click on Maintenance Schedule.

Every time I see a little message about "unable to connect" followed by a screen that says "No Maintenance Schedule Available" and tells me to contact the dealership for the schedule. Ugh.

FYI, the rest of the app works ok, including allowing me to remote-start the vehicle.

I do wish it let me remotely open/close windows and sunroof and remotely adjust the a/c settings, but at least starting it is nice.

Works for mine ...

post-58212-0-77691900-1528992674_thumb.png

Edited by LHB

I think 7500 miles is recommended in the manual for extreme driving conditions which actually fit the driving habits of the majority of drivers here in the states. Ill probably do mine at 7500. Currently Im at 5500 and the app says my oil life is at 38%. However, I keep getting notices in the mail from my dealer about being late for a 5000 mile service interval, none of which is listed anywhere in the manual.

• 4 weeks later...

More on this -- my app still won't show me a maintenance schedule.

However, it does show me that supposedly I had a maintenance due at 1000 miles (I have 1300 miles on the car now). I see this when I click on "My Vehicle" from the app home screen and then click on the picture of a Navigator. It then shows a picture of a Navigator like mine with my current fuel tank status and then right under that says "Service Due - 1000K". 1000K is 1 million miles, but I'm assuming they really meant 1000 miles.

Can someone confirm what the actual Lincoln-recommended maintenance schedule for a 2018 Navigator L Black Label is?

The lincoln.com website isn't any better. I sign in to owner.lincoln.com and get a message of "Sorry, we are not able to access the Maintenance Schedule for this vehicle." It does this even if I enter my year, make model, mileage, etc. again. It then asks me to contact my dealer for a custom maintenance schedule for my vehicle. I don't want to contact my dealer. I want to know what Lincoln itself lists as the maintenance schedule.

Edited by ozymandias

I want to know what Lincoln itself lists as the maintenance schedule.

Good grief - it's sitting right there in the owner's manual in your glovebox on page 552. Or get the online version of the owner's manual from www.motorcraftservice.com or owner.ford.com.

I know it is in the owner's manual. And yes, I've downloaded it. Navigating a hundred+ page PDF on a phone is a pain when there is a perfectly good app (ok, not so good) or website it should work on. I'm just irritated.

Oh, and if I click on Concierge then Chat to try to just let them know about the problem with their app, I just get a 'not available right now' error.

You can lead a horse to water....

Yep, and when someone's nav in the car isn't working, a paper map is just as good too, right? Or hey, sunroof doesn't open, just roll down a window. Backup camera doesn't work, just look over your shoulder out the window. It is nice to have alternatives.

Yes, I have the owner's manual and obviously have the maintenance schedule in it. It sure would be nice if the Lincoln Way app worked though, or if even the lincoln.com website worked.

More on this -- my app still won't show me a maintenance schedule.

However, it does show me that supposedly I had a maintenance due at 1000 miles (I have 1300 miles on the car now). I see this when I click on "My Vehicle" from the app home screen and then click on the picture of a Navigator. It then shows a picture of a Navigator like mine with my current fuel tank status and then right under that says "Service Due - 1000K". 1000K is 1 million miles, but I'm assuming they really meant 1000 miles.

I don't want to contact my dealer. I want to know what Lincoln itself lists as the maintenance schedule.

I know it is in the owner's manual.

There is an entire section at the back called "Maintenance Schedule". It tells you EXACTLY what Ford recommends as far as maintenance. It would take about 2 minutes to find it online even on a phone. I had to go download the manual first, then look it up and it still only took me 4 minutes.

Do you want the information or do you just want to complain about something?

It sure would be nice if the Lincoln Way app worked though, or if even the lincoln.com website worked.

I agree but that's not what you said. You said you wanted to know exactly what Ford recommends for maintenance and that is in the owner's manual - always has been and always will be.

There is an entire section at the back called "Maintenance Schedule". It tells you EXACTLY what Ford recommends as far as maintenance. It would take about 2 minutes to find it online even on a phone. I had to go download the manual first, then look it up and it still only took me 4 minutes.

Do you want the information or do you just want to complain about something?

Sorry I should have been clear that I was just frustrated and taking the opportunity to b*tch at the Internet at large about the borked app. :-) Seriously -- I am not asking you guys to look up info for me. I know I can do that myself. (Although, if there were a direct link to wherever the 2018 Lincoln Navigator maintenance schedule is buried on lincoln.com that would be nice to have just to bookmark.) I have the manual saved on my phone and in Google Drive for quick reference. It is just irritating for the app and website in this day and age NOT to show the maintenance schedule, so I thought I'd gripe at you guys about it. Manufacturers do pay attention to these websites, and often complaints here, reddit, etc. end up doing more to make changes happen than telling the dealer or contacting an online customer service center.

While I'm at it, it is really irritating to be able to start/stop the car and lock/unlock the doors from the app but NOT to be able to open/close the windows remotely. A sudden rain shower today had me soaked because I couldn't close my cracked-open windows.

I know, I know -- first world problems. I'm loving the Navigator overall!

Yes there is something wrong with your app or the vehicle you have it synced with. I follow the same steps you mentioned and it shows me the service intervals, which are every 10,000 miles, and if I select one of the service intervals it shows me the the work they perform at that particular service. Maybe try deleting the app all together and just reinstall and set it back up. Edited by boredinbirmingham