Some tutorials on the new software have been pinned here.

• Custom Search

Group,

First post here but I have a 79 t-bird that was my sister's, actually still titled in her name and she was 1st owner. About 65,000 miles on it. Some rust but otherwise in pretty good shape. I was thinking about just fixing it up for my teenage daughters but didn't know if it was worth more than a couple thousand dollars, if that? Just wondering if it is worth preserving or just run it? To me it seems like a good starter car for them, big, safe.

Has it been running and driven regularly? If so it’s probably fine but I would replace all the hoses, belts, fuel lines and all fluids including oil, tranny fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid and coolant.

It has been sitting since the early 2000's I plan on puling the motor, replacing seals and gaskets in it and the tranny. New rubber brake lines and probably replace calipers. Other than that it is in excellent shape.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Thunderbird. I don't think that or those eras would be desirable at all. Were everything a T-Bird shouldn't be, except maybe the last generation. A big car by then, probably expensive to run and maintain. No longer in sports mode, Corvettes were pretty lame through those times too.

But if it's free and with a minimum of money spent would be a great hand me down for daughter. It would be a big, heavy safe car anyways I would speculate also. Kids, seem to wreck cars pretty well unless they buy them on their own.

Not really a good selection for a teen drivers daily ride....sell it to someone that can properly care for a car of that vintage and buy her a more modern vehicle...ten year old Accord, Altima, Fusion, Malibu, or Camry would be a better choice....