Custom Search

2019 Lincoln Aviator Introduced Here !

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

Ford introduces next-generation, Police Interceptor Utility Hybrid - the industry's first pursuit-rated hybrid SUV

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#161 OFFLINE   fuzzymoomoo

fuzzymoomoo

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,589 posts
  • Joined 18-February 14
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2008 Focus, 2018 Fusion

Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:34 AM

I know its a hot button topic with some, but honestly I wouldnt mind the Diesel engine going away in anything smaller than a F-250 size truck. Theyre pollution machines and theres nothing that can make it as clean as a gas engine, not that Im saying a gas engine is all that clean.
Officially a disgruntled Ford Employee

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#162 OFFLINE   jcartwright99

jcartwright99

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 572 posts
  • Joined 29-November 10
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Ford Fusion Titanium AWD

Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:52 AM

I had a 2012 Edge with the 2.0. It was plenty fast up to about 75-80. Then it would lose it breath.

The Explorer 2.0 was adequate but barely. You had to beat it to get it moving, and then negating any fuel savings because you are always in the boost. If you drove it like a senior citizen, it was fine. My 76 year old uncle had one and he loved it because he drove it like he was 76. I understand why they went with the 2.3. If they upped the by 25 and tq by 30-40 with the 8 speed the 2.0 would work in the Explorer. 

Now, I own Fusion 2.0 now. It is a pretty nice engine. I think Ford has a pretty conservative tune for this engine. I am not sure if it's the transmission limitations, fuel grade, or engine longevity but tuners are pulling much more HP with just a tune with little to no FE hit. Whatever the reason, I don't think the 2.0 is a bad engine at all. I have taken the Audi/VW 2.0 out on many occasions and the ecoboost is way better. I've yet to ride in a GM 2.0 but I could see it being adequate with the 9 speed in the Traverse.

2017 Ford Fusion

2017 Lincoln MKZ

2014 Ford Escape

2012 Ford Edge

2001 Lincoln LS

1990 Oldsmobile 88

1993 Honda Civic Si

#163 OFFLINE   bzcat

bzcat

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Joined 13-October 09

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:19 PM

Do they use it on an Explorer competitor or on smaller vehicles?

Audi Q7, Chevy Traverse, Volvo XC90, Mazda CX-9, VW Altas... I'm sure I forgot a few.

#164 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

fordmantpw's alter ego

• 29,372 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06
  • Current Vehicle:2018 F150 Supercab XLT Magnetic Grey 3.5LEB

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:06 PM

Audi Q7, Chevy Traverse, Volvo XC90, Mazda CX-9, VW Altas... I'm sure I forgot a few.

Well Ford's 2.0L seems to be on par with the others as far as power is concerned, so either those vehicles are lighter than the Explorer or the other vehicles are slower.

I don't understand why you think Ford using a slightly larger engine for better performance means the 2.0L is a bad engine?

• ice-capades and jpd80 like this

2018 F150 Supercab XLT Sport (Magnetic) - 3.5LEB
2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve (Luxe/Cappucino)

#165 OFFLINE   jpd80

jpd80

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,591 posts
  • Joined 02-June 04
  • Current Vehicle:Falcon 302 V8

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:39 PM

FYI, Mazda CX-9 uses a 2.5 GDIT, not a 2.0 T.

Sure, manufacturers are forced to use a 2.0T in certain markets but it doesn't mean they
wouldn't trade it in a heart beat for a more powerful engine, customer satisfaction is key here.
 And even though a 2.0 T is available in Traverse, you can be sure that it's not the preferred engine.

Edited by jpd80, 12 July 2018 - 05:16 PM.

• jcartwright99 likes this

#166 OFFLINE   jpd80

jpd80

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,591 posts
  • Joined 02-June 04
  • Current Vehicle:Falcon 302 V8

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:24 PM

the diesel ban in some European cities is reactionary
to alarm at pollution levels and to VWs misdeeds,
Perhaps tighter controls on diesel emissions and
the work done by Bosch will serve as a reprieve
for diesel until the full roll out of electric vehicles
occurs - they need both for now

Edited by jpd80, 12 July 2018 - 05:25 PM.

#167 OFFLINE   Trader 10

Trader 10

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • Joined 28-December 10

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:27 PM

I don’t think the assertion that the Explorer is a heavier vehicle than the Traverse is true. The Traverse is actually a bigger vehicle.

#168 OFFLINE   fuzzymoomoo

fuzzymoomoo

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,589 posts
  • Joined 18-February 14

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:29 PM

I dont think the assertion that the Explorer is a heavier vehicle than the Traverse is true. The Traverse is actually a bigger vehicle.

But the Traverse is also brand new on an updated platform. The Explorer meanwhile is pushing 10 years old riding on a 15 year old platform that has been noted as being heavier than it probably should be.

#169 OFFLINE   blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Joined 01-May 07

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:42 PM

I know its a hot button topic with some, but honestly I wouldnt mind the Diesel engine going away in anything smaller than a F-250 size truck. Theyre pollution machines and theres nothing that can make it as clean as a gas engine, not that Im saying a gas engine is all that clean.

Several studies from multiple countries disagree. Diesel with dpf systems are cleaner then gas. My exhaust system on my f350 is as clean after 40,000 miles as it was brand new. Not an ounce of any type of soot. Cant say that on gas cars.

#170 OFFLINE   fuzzymoomoo

fuzzymoomoo

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,589 posts
  • Joined 18-February 14

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:55 PM

Several studies from multiple countries disagree. Diesel with dpf systems are cleaner then gas. My exhaust system on my f350 is as clean after 40,000 miles as it was brand new. Not an ounce of any type of soot. Cant say that on gas cars.

Then we should be banning gas engines, not diesel.

#171 OFFLINE   Assimilator

Assimilator

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Joined 05-March 18
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Lincoln MKX, 2018 F-150 SuperCrew, 2018 Ford Escape Titanium

Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:09 PM

Aviator has a larger standard screen but it won't get the vertical screen because it's limited by the dashboard design.  I don't particularly like the Aviator dashboard design, I think the floating detached infotainment screen is an old idea which makes it look way out of step now in such an expensive car, but it's something you can get over.  Lincoln doesn't quite have the budget for something as bespoke as what the Germans are doing with their dashboard screens and software.  

Edited by Assimilator, 12 July 2018 - 10:12 PM.

#172 OFFLINE   blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Joined 01-May 07

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:39 AM

Then we should be banning gas engines, not diesel.

Why? Both engines burn far cleaner today then 10 years ago nevermind 20 years ago. They are both equally clean.

My point is there is no reason to ban diesel, they are not what they used to be unless of course people delete.

Look at all the 18 wheelers now with dpf and def... never an ounce of soot going in the air and it sure is nice not being stuck behind them smelling the exhaust fumes.

Edited by blwnsmoke, 13 July 2018 - 05:40 AM.

#173 OFFLINE   rmc523

rmc523

Blue Oval Fanatic

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,349 posts
  • Joined 07-July 07
  • Current Vehicle:2009 Flex Limited w/ AWD

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:29 AM

Aviator has a larger standard screen but it won't get the vertical screen because it's limited by the dashboard design.  I don't particularly like the Aviator dashboard design, I think the floating detached infotainment screen is an old idea which makes it look way out of step now in such an expensive car, but it's something you can get over.  Lincoln doesn't quite have the budget for something as bespoke as what the Germans are doing with their dashboard screens and software.  

Nobody seems to mind the tablet in BMWs.

Car of the Day:

2019 Lincoln Aviator

zmJvd9J.jpg

#174 OFFLINE   tbone

tbone

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • Joined 10-October 05
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Raptor Supercrew

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:51 PM

I think the looks are subjective. I do not prefer the 2019 Mercedes design. I actually think the Lincoln dash looks better.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service | DMCA ·