Strip Musk of Tesla chairman role?

tbone

Tesla stock shot up 10% Wednesday with Musk's announcement of them being on track for 5k a week this month. So what will his excuse be when he doesnt hit it. Amazing how people react to him with him not hitting one goal yet.

Its actually pretty ridiculous and strange considering the guy hasnt been right on his production predictions.

Tesla stock shot up 10% Wednesday with Musk's announcement of them being on track for 5k a week this month. So what will his excuse be when he doesnt hit it. Amazing how people react to him with him not hitting one goal yet.

I think Tesla stock is one of the most shorted stocks out there-you can make a ton of money off it (or you used be able to) or you'll lose your shirt.

I think Tesla stock is one of the most shorted stocks out there-you can make a ton of money off it (or you used be able to) or you'll lose your shirt.

Ya the article I had just read said the people who are doing short sales betting against it lost $1.1 billion because of the 10% jump.

• Like 1

Call me a hater but I think it's just a matter of time before investors pull the plug on this money loser. Don't get me wrong, the engineering behind Tesla's electric cars is great! However, the understanding on how to mass produce a quality vehicle without losing money is what is going to sink them. Would you want of those first model 3's (I wouldn't). Their whole premise of their business plan is to sell electric cars to the masses (hence the 35k sticker base). However, most they are producing are well into the 50's. What happens when the tax credit goes away?

The thing that I am really interested in is the reliability of these model 3's. If they were put together poorly, one can expect that there will be a bunch of issues creeping up to fix them.

Call me a hater but I think it's just a matter of time before investors pull the plug on this money loser. Don't get me wrong, the engineering behind Tesla's electric cars is great! However, the understanding on how to mass produce a quality vehicle without losing money is what is going to sink them. Would you want of those first model 3's (I wouldn't). Their whole premise of their business plan is to sell electric cars to the masses (hence the 35k sticker base). However, most they are producing are well into the 50's. What happens when the tax credit goes away?

The thing that I am really interested in is the reliability of these model 3's. If they were put together poorly, one can expect that there will be a bunch of issues creeping up to fix them.

It's common for early models to skew toward the top end (aided by Tesla not even offering the base models right now), but even so, it's a bad thing that they're selling more expensive models right now? That would only help them inch toward profitability (in theory).

It's common for early models to skew toward the top end (aided by Tesla not even offering the base models right now), but even so, it's a bad thing that they're selling more expensive models right now? That would only help them inch toward profitability (in theory).

IMO the market is still constrained at say the 55K mark vs the promised 35K mark.

People aren't going to buy a $55K sedan in large numbers, which Tesla needs to be profitable.

If anything, they should have designed the car to be profitable at say the $35K mark (next to impossible)...its like any other auto manufacturer selling small cars at a loss-Ford can make money on a 20K Focus, but not a 15K one.