When will the Ranger be available?

Anyone know when we could expect to see the ranger on sale? I was guessing maybe around November, but there hasnt been a whole lot of info since the pics were released a few months ago. I would have expected some more info like price to have trickled out by now. Even just the build and price would be nice to have to hold me over until its released.

Anyone know when we could expect to see the ranger on sale? I was guessing maybe around November, but there hasnt been a whole lot of info since the pics were released a few months ago. I would have expected some more info like price to have trickled out by now. Even just the build and price would be nice to have to hold me over until its released.

Production starts in November. Dont expect dealers to start getting them until January at earliest.

Order bank opens in August. Thats when the order guide should be released and soon after build and price should be live.

I doubt that. They have never done that before and I certainly dont expect it to start now.

They most certainly have done that before on a couple of models. I know because they used it to gauge interest in different options and pricing and those options and pricing changed day by day. Can't remember exactly which models though.

• Like 1

They most certainly have done that before on a couple of models. I know because they used it to gauge interest in different options and pricing and those options and pricing changed day by day. Can't remember exactly which models though.

If you remember please tell me, because I cant recall that ever being done.

I'll try to find it. They showed it as a future vehicle with an unofficial build and price option. People would compare the pricing and options as they changed them. I remember they played with different powertrain options.

• Like 1

Yep, he's right. I think the Mustang was one? I don't remember the exact models, but I remember what akirby is talking about.

Ranger is a relatively complicated launch since it's starting with a completely rebuilt factory so I imagine the ramp-up to be a bit slower. Ford tends to suffer from difficult launches, especially with new products. Hopefully this vehicle's age and experience will help make it easier. My guess is March 2019 and longer for inventory to build out.

Edited by Assimilator

Ranger is a relatively complicated launch since it's starting with a completely rebuilt factory so I imagine the ramp-up to be a bit slower. Ford tends to suffer from difficult launches, especially with new products. Hopefully this vehicle's age and experience will help make it easier. My guess is March 2019 and longer for inventory to build out.

For the last time, the MAP retool is not a complete gut job.
  • Like 1

Regardless, it's building a fundamentally different vehicle with new tooling.

While it is a different vehicle, it is "the last on this product cycle" so to speak and there's

a lot of construction experience shared thanks to other T6 Plants operating in ROW.

• Like 1

So if the 2019 model year ranger actually comes out in 2019, should we expect the 2020 model year bronco to come out in 2020 as well or is there a possibility it comes out in 2019?

With the bronco, escape, explorer and maybe the mini bronco all coming out for the 2020 model year, youd think ford would want some of these products actually being released in 2019 to keep them in the news every year

• Like 1

So if the 2019 model year ranger actually comes out in 2019, should we expect the 2020 model year bronco to come out in 2020 as well or is there a possibility it comes out in 2019?

That was the original plan, but its been changed several times in the last year. Nobody is saying much about it anymore.

With the bronco, escape, explorer and maybe the mini bronco all coming out for the 2020 model year, youd think ford would want some of these products actually being released in 2019 to keep them in the news every year

Explorer (and Aviator) are coming to production second quarter of next year.