Rear Seat Entertainment -- sound through car speakers?

Has anyone managed to get the sound from the rear seat entertainment centers to come out through the main car speakers? There seems to be a hint of this in the RSE manual, where perhaps you could route the sound through bluetooth and have the car think you had a phone sending it a bluetooth signal for the sound. I suppose you might also be able to run a headphone cable from the RSE output to some sort of input on the main sound system.

I'm just hoping someone has done this and can provide some tips.

FYI, I did successfully get my Chromecast working to be able to watch Google Play Movies (and TV shows), Youtube, HBO Now, etc. on the RSE screens, so I'm happy about that.

Yea you need to go into the rear screen setup for the audio and pick Bluetooth. Then go to the front screen and goto bluetooth settings and add the lincoln. If your phone is paired you need to reselect the rear screen every time as your phone will be the default. Then goto sources and pick it. Sorry I dont have the exact directions but that should get you there. If you still can't figure it out let me know and I will get the exact directions.

Yea you need to go into the rear screen setup for the audio and pick Bluetooth. Then go to the front screen and goto bluetooth settings and add the lincoln. If your phone is paired you need to reselect the rear screen every time as your phone will be the default. Then goto sources and pick it. Sorry I dont have the exact directions but that should get you there. If you still can't figure it out let me know and I will get the exact directions.

Ok thanks -- I'll give it a try.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...