Model A destroyed by distracted driver

This is bad. I feel for him...but; I carry classic car insurance on my Torino because of this scenario. I get $ 25k if this sort of thing happens. The $500 a year premium is minimal, IMO.

I like the way they do negotiated value on historic car insurance. You decide how much coverage you want and they charge you accordingly. Then you dont have to argue and haggle after an accident.

Edited by akirby

But still, dang smart phones are ruining driving. Stupid people can't leave them alone for a minute.

Smart phones = dumb people! Truthfully I think social media and the constant obsession to share everything is adding to the stresses of everyday life. People are loosing their minds, look at the school shootings. I think social media and the media itself creates an image of how life is supposed to be. However, its not real and not attainable so people feel stress trying to obtain that image.

Enough about that. It would be cool if ford helped this guy. Even if they gave him contacts to the guys that keep the model Ts going at greenfield village. Those guys have a skill set that no one else has any more. You have to make it work. You wont be doing much shopping at auto zone for model T or A parts Im sure. I have zero experience with any of those other than riding in one.

I used to cringe when I watched old stock car movies where nice old Ford coupes and coaches would straight up get demolished.

Then one day it dawned on me that ford every one of those old Fords that got wadded up there was one less Ford some brand x lover in which to swap their scrub engine into.

Id rather cut one into fours than see some idiot commit the automotive equivalent of rape.

Edited by Stray Kat

Well...it is a car so this is going to happen if it's on the road. Not the first classic to be wiped out this way.

Even a church parking lot isn't safe for classic cars. About 4 years ago, a Oregon gentleman's restored Model A Coupe was stolen from his church's parking lot by a drunk hobo. The hobo then crashed it and drove it into a river. http://www.ktvz.com/news/crime/osp-transient-stole-model-a-landed-in-crooked-river/68746739

781139820547864103.jpg