Production Week Scheduling Information

30 minutes ago, packet said:

Thanks ice-capades, I am seriously thinking about walking away like you said.   Is it correct that Lincoln is for the most part constantly building Navigators and not “building them 3 times a year” like the local dealer told me?  

There is another dealer in my state (about 8 hour drive) that has exactly what we are looking for but without the tow package and rear seat entertainment.  The tow package was a think for potentially in the future but not sure if we would ever use it. The rear seat entertainment was another nice to have but everything I have read on it sounds like the system is so so at best. My kids both have iPads and I suspect that will be good enough for them.  I am going to call the other dealer tomorrow and if we can work a deal out over the phone I’ll fly down next week and drive it home.   My only concern is the original dealer I was buying from is still the one nearest my house so I may need to work with them on service issues in the future if I don’t want to drive another 30 minutes to the next closer dealer.   Do you think I’ll get any push back from the service department of my local dealer doing warranty work if I need it even if I did not buy the vehicle from them.  Thank you again!

If you look at the previous posts for production scheduling you'll see that Expeditions and Navigators are being scheduled on a regular basis unlike what your Lincoln dealer is telling you. 

Only you can decide what features and options are important to have. The benefit of placing a factory order is the ability to get the exact vehicle you want but having to wait for it. You'll find lots of information here about the allocation and scheduling process which may help you decide whether you want to place a factory order with a larger Lincoln Dealer that has more scheduling allocation available and will provide the order information you require.  

PRODUCTION WEEK SCHEDULING INFORMATION FOR THE WEEK OF 06/10/2019

2020 ECOSPORT               Scheduling for Build Weeks 08/05/2019 & 08/12/2019

2019 EDGE                         Scheduling for Build Weeks 07/08/2019, 07/15/2019, 07/22/2019 & 07/29/2019

2019 ESCAPE                     2019MY Escape has balanced out. 

2020 ESCAPE                     No Scheduling

2019 EXPEDITION              Scheduling for Build Weeks 07/08/2019, 07/15/2019 & 07/22/2019

2020 EXPLORER                Scheduling for Build Week 08/19/2019

2019 F-150                          Scheduling for Build Weeks 07/15/2019, 07/22/2019 & 07/29/2019

2019 FLEX                            Scheduling for Build Week 08/05/2019

2019 FUSION                       Fusion commits will be processed to complete balance out.

2020 FUSION                       Startup scheduling will begin on Thursday, July 18th.

2019 MUSTANG                  Cleanup Scheduling. Final 2019MY Mustang orders were due on 05/30/2019. Spec changes have been shut off.

2020 MUSTANG                      Startup scheduling will begin on Thursday, June 13th. Scheduling for Build Week 08/05/2019

2019 RANGER                      Scheduling for Build Week 08/05/2019

2019 F-SERIES SD              Scheduling for Build Weeks 07/08/2019 & 07/15/2019

2019 TRANSIT                     Scheduling for Build Weeks 08/05/2019 & 08/12/2019

2020 TRANSIT CONNECT                       Scheduling for Build Weeks 08/05/2019, 08/12/2019, 08/19/2019 & 08/26/2019

2020 LINCOLN AVIATOR                         Scheduling for Build Week 08/19/2019. Retail orders will begin scheduling on Thursday, June 13th. Until the Okay to Buy has been achieved, orders will not ship.

2019 LINCOLN CONTINENTAL               Scheduling for Build Week 08/05/2019

2020 LINCOLN CORSAIR                        No Scheduling 

2019 LINCOLN MKC                                2019MY MKC has balanced out. Spec changes were shut off on 05/23/2019.

2019 LINCOLN MKT                                 No Scheduling        

2019 LINCOLN MKZ                                 Multiple commits will be processed to complete balance out. Spec changes were shut off on 05/23/2019.

2020 LINCOLN MKZ                                       Startup scheduling will begin on Thursday, July 18th.

2019 LINCOLN NAUTILUS                       Scheduling for Build Week 08/05/2019                

2019 LINCOLN NAVIGATOR                    Scheduling for Build Weeks 07/08/2019, 07/15/2019 & 07/22/2019

Edited by ice-capades
Updated Content

Ford

• 2019  MY Edge OTD - On Thursday, June 13, all Edge orders for the production period will be scheduled for Weeks 25 - 28.  These allocation weeks represent July 8th, July 15th, July 22nd and July 29th Build Weeks. 
  • 2019 Edge Orders - Regular Mode Recommended - Please use Regular mode when amending your 2019 Edge orders; the Expert mode has some issues. The IT team is working to resolve the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience.
  • Since AM Dealer Previews are not valid until Wednesday of a new production month, the weekly dealer cleanup will be sent on Wednesday.
  • 2020 MY Mustang will begin startup scheduling on Thursday, June 13.
  • 2019 MY Escape has balanced out.  2020 Escape startup scheduling to begin on Thursday, June 27.  The dressing period will be June 24 – 26.
  • 2020 Fusion will begin startup scheduling on Thursday, July 18.
  • 2020 Escape SEL 2.0L Order Issue - Due to a certification delay of a particular Escape SEL calibration, all SEL 2.0L configurations selected during wholesale must include Ford Co-Pilot 360 Assist.  This feature has been added to all SEL 2.0L orders and cannot be removed by order amendment.  We apologize for any inconvenience this new product launch issue may have caused.
  • 2019 MY Super Duty Early Balance Out Paint – The final order due date for Silver Spruce (BN) paint on Super Duty orders will be Thursday, June 27.  Spec changes and cancellations will be shut off on Thursday, June 27 for orders with this paint.
  • Production of the 20MY Transit Connect 1.5L diesel engine (99F) and short wheelbase wagons (E8F, S8F & E8G) have been cancelled.  Orders with these options will not be eligible to schedule.

Lincoln

• 2019 MY MKC and MKZ have balanced out.
  • On Thursday, June 13, 2020MY Aviator retail orders will be selected for scheduling.  Until the Okay to Buy has been achieved, units will not ship.
  • 2020 Corsair startup scheduling to begin on Thursday, June 27.  The dressing period will be June 24 – 26.
  • 2020 MKZ will begin startup scheduling on Thursday, July 18.
  • Since AM Dealer Previews are not valid until Wednesday of a new production month, the weekly dealer cleanup will be sent on Wednesday.
  • On Thursday, June 13, MKT orders will not be selected for scheduling.

• ice-capades changed the title to Production Week Scheduling Timetable
2 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

I've got invoices for 2020 Explorer's and units produced showing a "released' status but my understanding is that there is still no "OK to Buy" yet. 

All I can say is the QC manager of CAP said it was given for Explorer only (not hybrid)

26 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Thanks! I'll see what the status updates are for my Explorer's. 

This was the same person who said all builds before the ok to buy is given are crushed lol.. So take that for what it is worth.  I was told on a few occasions that they were shooting for the 13th.  I got word on the 13th around 130pm that it was given a few hours prior.  

Havent heard anything of the contrary yet.

Edited by blwnsmoke
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I've got invoices for 2020 Explorer's and units produced showing a "released' status but my understanding is that there is still no "OK to Buy" yet. 

From what I've heard the OKTB was given for the gas Explorer only. Not yet for the Aviator or Hybrid Explorer. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

From what I've heard the OKTB was given for the gas Explorer only. Not yet for the Aviator or Hybrid Explorer. 

Exactly what I was told.  Although one of my STs was pushed out from July 24th to Aug 4th, my other ST order is still showing June 24th to be built as of yesterday.  Looks like everything is good to go.

Edited by blwnsmoke
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

Exactly what I was told.  Although one of my STs was pushed out from July 24th to Aug 4th, my other ST order is still showing June 24th to be built as of yesterday.  Looks like everything is good to go.

Probably from the flurry of retail orders that were waiting to get scheduled. 

2 hours ago, FuelCell said:

What is the production schedule for 2020 Lincoln Navigator ?

Per the most recent FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) here's the production schedule for the 2020 Lincoln Navigator.

• 07/05/2019 - 2019MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 07/25/2019 - 2019MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 10/13/2019 - 2019MY Balance Out Date

• 07/17/2019 - 2020MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 08/15/2019 - 2020MY Scheduling Begins
  • 10/14/2019 - Job #1 Date

The 2020 Lincoln Navigator will be available on or about 07/17/2019 and will be uploaded to the Product Order Guides section as soon as it's available. 

6 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Hm, I thought Explorer/Aviator were closer than that.  Looks like it and Escape/Corsair will arrive around the same time.

You misread the chart.  It says scheduling for build week 9/2 not that production starts 9/2.   Explorer and Aviator are already in production and I think Explorer is now shipping.  Aviator is still waiting for ok to buy last I heard but should be any day now.

4 minutes ago, akirby said:

You misread the chart.  It says scheduling for build week 9/2 not that production starts 9/2.   Explorer and Aviator are already in production and I think Explorer is now shipping.  Aviator is still waiting for ok to buy last I heard but should be any day now.

That's what I thought.

Just checked in with my dealer regarding my Aviator order, and it has been updated to "in Production" and "Sent to Plant" and is scheduled to 6/26. Whats the usual lead time once In Production? Is there a page someplace in the forum that describes the whole production process, and what the different statuses mean?

On 6/25/2019 at 11:08 AM, crozdub115 said:

Just checked in with my dealer regarding my Aviator order, and it has been updated to "in Production" and "Sent to Plant" and is scheduled to 6/26. Whats the usual lead time once In Production? Is there a page someplace in the forum that describes the whole production process, and what the different statuses mean?

There's a lot of information in the "Vehicle Ordering & Scheduling Process" thread under the Ford Motor Company Discussion Forum that will help answer your question.