2020 Lincoln MKC replacement spy shots by Motor 1

Caught on the Dearborn test track too. Ford wont be happy about that.

Good catch.

I wonder how many people know that you can get an excellent view of the Dearborn test track if you walk to the far east end of Greenfield Village, by the old windmill. You're perched on a bluff and can easily see over the wall. If you wait long enough, you're almost certain to see something interesting.

• Like 3

Good catch.

I wonder how many people know that you can get an excellent view of the Dearborn test track if you walk to the far east end of Greenfield Village, by the old windmill. You're perched on a bluff and can easily see over the wall. If you wait long enough, you're almost certain to see something interesting.

you can see the big hill from the rotunda/Southfield intersection.
  • Like 1

If you have a tall truck or bus you can see the test track, it's in a very busy area. Actually, just hangout on Rotunda and you'll see them all over the place, even just sitting in parking lots along the road.

Surprisingly not a huge departure from the current vehicle design but clearly it has some of the NG Escape's hard points. You can also see the new Focus rear suspension design.

Edited by Assimilator

...Interesting that it keeps the clamshell liftgate.

...Surprisingly not a huge departure from the current vehicle design but clearly it has some of the NG Escape's hard points. You can also see the new Focus rear suspension design.

sounds to me like it's still using the "old-bones" rather than the stretched nextgen Escape's...

...but then I've been expecting the [MKC-class] to split into 2 models

sounds to me like it's still using the "old-bones" rather than the stretched nextgen Escape's...

...but then I've been expecting the [MKC-class] to split into 2 models

I see no reason to conclude it's not based on the NG Escape, I see all the same characteristics from the Escape tester. I'm actually surprised to see it this soon, so at least we know it's arriving alongside the new Escape or close to it.

Edited by Assimilator

I see no reason to conclude it's not based on the NG Escape, I see all the same characteristics from the Escape tester. I'm actually surprised to see it this soon, so at least we know it's arriving alongside the new Escape or close to it. Lincoln definitely didn't get their money's worth out of MKC because it's 2 years younger than the Escape, that's enormously wasteful product scheduling but I certainly don't mind the waste if it keeps up the Lincoln portfolio churn.

At the same time, if youre spending time and money to retool the plant for the next generation Escape, it makes sense to do the Lincoln at the same time.

I see no reason to conclude it's not based on the NG Escape, I see all the same characteristics from the Escape tester. I'm actually surprised to see it this soon, so at least we know it's arriving alongside the new Escape or close to it.

there was a political promise to keep the MKC in Louisville that I never heard extend to the Escape < which

I heard might start using Hermosillo either way

+ a hunch that the next MKC-w.i.c might share with the Maverick

:future: ....there was a date mismatch, can't remember what offhand

Edited by 2b2

there was a political promise to keep the MKC in Louisville that I never heard extend to the Escape < which

I heard might start using Hermosillo either way

+ a hunch that the next MKC-w.i.c might share with the Maverick

:future: ....there was a date mismatch, can't remember what offhand

Not a political promise but a UAW promise to keep the Escape in Louisville

here's what I'm remembering:

http://www.toledoblade.com/Automotive/2016/11/18/Trump-claims-to-save-auto-plant-But-it-wasn-t-closing.html

President-elect took to Twitter to announce Lincoln production staying in Ky.

ASSOCIATED PRESS - Published on Nov. 18, 2016 | Updated 1:39 p. m.
DETROIT — President-elect Donald Trump claimed Thursday that he convinced the chairman of Ford Motor Co. not to move an assembly plant from Kentucky to Mexico. But Ford never intended to move the plant, just production of one of the vehicles it makes.
Trump said in a tweet that Bill Ford, the company’s executive chairman, telephoned him with the news that a “Lincoln plant” would stay in Louisville. Instead Ford decided to keep production of the Lincoln MKC small SUV at the Louisville Assembly Plant. Ford had previously said it would move production of the MKC out of the plant in order to build more Ford Escapes there...
Edited by 2b2

• 5 weeks later...

here's what I'm remembering:

http://www.toledoblade.com/Automotive/2016/11/18/Trump-claims-to-save-auto-plant-But-it-wasn-t-closing.html

President-elect took to Twitter to announce Lincoln production staying in Ky.

ASSOCIATED PRESS - Published on Nov. 18, 2016 | Updated 1:39 p. m.
DETROIT — President-elect Donald Trump claimed Thursday that he convinced the chairman of Ford Motor Co. not to move an assembly plant from Kentucky to Mexico. But Ford never intended to move the plant, just production of one of the vehicles it makes.
Trump said in a tweet that Bill Ford, the company’s executive chairman, telephoned him with the news that a “Lincoln plant” would stay in Louisville. Instead Ford decided to keep production of the Lincoln MKC small SUV at the Louisville Assembly Plant. Ford had previously said it would move production of the MKC out of the plant in order to build more Ford Escapes there...

without getting TOO political on the forum here I wouldn't take anything Trump Tweets as gospel....

Edited by akirby
the last part was TOO political.......
  • Like 3