‘Mustang Means Freedom’: Why Ford Is Saving an American Icon

Do you guys realize is costs $40 for a family of 5 to eat at Five Guys? Add in the fuel to make the 120 mile round trip and you guys have just cost me $60 for burgers. Road trip this weekend! Heck, probably even take the status symbol F-350. Donations being accepted...

Do you guys realize is costs $40 for a family of 5 to eat at Five Guys? Add in the fuel to make the 120 mile round trip and you guys have just cost me $60 for burgers. Road trip this weekend! Heck, probably even take the status symbol F-350. Donations being accepted...

Now you’re just showing off. You should take the fiesta down to McDonalds instead!

• Like 2

Your making Chick-Fil-A sound like high culture-its not LOL

Trust me, its definitely the mall. If youre not dressed in at least business casual there you get stared at like you are a peasant. Its also an hour away from me and Im not traveling that far just for fast food.

Now you’re just showing off. You should take the fiesta down to McDonalds instead!

Hell, it costs nearly $40 for 5 to eat at Mickey D's too. No thanks! I could ride a bike the 1.5 miles there though so that I'm not showing off. Of course, the trip back UP the hill would be a PITA and the food would be cold when I get home. Who am I kidding, it would be cold when I picked it up.

• Like 1

Trust me, its definitely the mall. If youre not dressed in at least business casual there you get stared at like you are a peasant. Its also an hour away from me and Im not traveling that far just for fast food.

I go in my gym cloths when I go to that mall. What surprises me is how long people will wait, the one day there was a 3 hours wait when it opened.

You could also go to the one in Toledo, with 75 closed it would be faster for you to go to Franklin Park anyways and that area is pretty nice for shopping, plus it in Ohio so you can look at them like they are peasants, just be careful as they are the worst drivers ever. There also opening one on the Hill in Allen Park, and another one somewhere downriver.

I go in my gym cloths when I go to that mall. What surprises me is how long people will wait, the one day there was a 3 hours wait when it opened.

You could also go to the one in Toledo, with 75 closed it would be faster for you to go to Franklin Park anyways and that area is pretty nice for shopping, plus it in Ohio so you can look at them like they are peasants, just be careful as they are the worst drivers ever. There also opening one on the Hill in Allen Park, and another one somewhere downriver.

i live south of all of the construction

I think it's great that a thread about how American the Mustang is has evolved into a discussion of cheeseburgers and fast food. 'Merica!

To tie them all together.....

Literally the first thing my mom and I did after picking up my Mustang (my parents drove with me, as the dealer was 4 hours away) was go through the Burger King drive thru.

Now, that wasn't ideal, and I didn't want to, but it was like 10pm (before a 4 hour drive home), and that was all that was around that area that we could quickly find and was open.

To tie them all together.....

Literally the first thing my mom and I did after picking up my Mustang (my parents drove with me, as the dealer was 4 hours away) was go through the Burger King drive thru.

Now, that wasn't ideal, and I didn't want to, but it was like 10pm (before a 4 hour drive home), and that was all that was around that area that we could quickly find and was open.

I actually like a Whopper and some onion rings, but there ain't no way I'm taking my new Mustang through the drive through!

• Like 1

I had a Red Robin burger a couple months ago for the first time. It was OK, but overpriced IMO. And the fries were well below Five Guys.

Red Robin was the first place I tried a BBQ bacon burger with their candied bacon (I think that's what it is). It was good, but yeah, it's hard to beat Five Guys' fries.

There are a few more local chains here that make good burgers - BurgerFi (their Parmesan and garlic aoli fries are delicious) and Jacks. Then of course there are the mom and pop places.

You know what I really liked on a trip out to San Francisco - Super Duper Burger. I may or may not have gone there 3 times in the week I was there. The burger was very tasty and their garlic fries were great too......MUCH better than In-N-Out (which I think is overhyped).

I haven't been to an In-N-Out or a Whataburger before. Kinda sheltered here in nowhere, MO.

We usually try to hit mom and pop places when we are on vacation. I can get the chain stuff anytime, but the little hole-in-the-wall places are what I really enjoy.

If youre ever in downtown Detroit, you need to try both Lafayette and American coney. Theyre right next door to each other and the story between the two is rather entertaining. Also up the road on Michigan Ave is Telway and they have the best sliders in town.
  • Like 1

the "fresh beef" Quarter Pounder is a massive improvement...and I'm very skeptical about anything from fast food chains.

I saw that while I was getting a breakfast biscuit (about the only thing I buy at McDonalds now). The sad part is they had to advertise that as a change.

My favorites - in order - are Five Guys, Marlows (local sit down chain), Burger King and Grub burger bar. I also like the Varsity chili steak but that's more about the chili and everything else than the burger itself.

I saw that while I was getting a breakfast biscuit (about the only thing I buy at McDonalds now). The sad part is they had to advertise that as a change.

My favorites - in order - are Five Guys, Marlows (local sit down chain), Burger King and Grub burger bar. I also like the Varsity chili steak but that's more about the chili and everything else than the burger itself.

I like Marlows. We go there occasionally when we visit our son and daughter-in-law.

I actually like a whopper every once in awhile as a change of pace. It's unique amongst chain burgers.

Just had a Whopper & onion rings since it was within walking distance from my motel. I usually don't do motels, but I'm delivering in Queens tomorrow. Even if you find a place to park the truck, you don't want to sleep in it. I stay over in NJ when I deliver there.