New Tires for PP2

Mhjr74

I recently ordered a 2019 GT Premium with PP2 but I want to swap out the tires before I drive it off the lot. I am not a big fan of the Cup 2's because they are only rated for about 12,500 miles. I am also weary about having 305 tires on a 10.5 inch rim. The maximum recommended tire size for a 10.5 inch rim is a 295. Anybody have a recommendation for tires that will fit the 10.5 inch front and 11 inch rear rims that are rated for at least 40,000 miles?

Only if.... The high performance rubber does not have a long life expectancy. The compound of coarse is softer for grip and they just don't last as compared with a 60,000 miler. Same thing with my Perelli's, but with only 3K on OD on a 6 year old car are still in great shape.

But wait, these things can only be used in warm weather now even. Take the car out on a good November day and forget it. Same as driving on black ice, tires go hard, no flex or grip at all. Forget about a compact spare too, I still have nothing but pump and slime (Boss 302). That stuff will ruin TPMS as is my understanding.

So guess to play, you will pay. And then there's the ones that put snow treads on and drive through the winter months. Best of luck there with wide tires and a low sitting unibody.

What's a Premium GT with PP2? Last I knew that meant a pre-production car that was #2 off assy line, very rare, worth more.

Edited by Rich B.

I am also interested to know which tires can be swapped for these wheels.

Planning on eventually running all seasons after the sport cup 2's wear out.

Any good recommendations ?

Also, how do tire rotations work on a staggered set up?

Do you just swap front two and back two?

Thanks!