2018 Navigator Black Label -- any included maintenance?

I could have sworn I read somewhere that 2018 Navigators (or perhaps just Black Labels) came with at least some included maintenance, but now for the life of me I can't find that on the Lincoln site. Did I imagine this? If I didn't imagine it, does anyone have a link to details?

Black Label only - 4 yr/50K mile free maintenance. Non Black Label - one free oil change.

2014-2016 regular models got 2 yrs free mice but looks like they killed that in 2017.

I think 4 yrs free mtce should be included on all models. Doesn’t the competition mostly offer that?

• Like 1

Black Label only - 4 yr/50K mile free maintenance. Non Black Label - one free oil change.

2014-2016 regular models got 2 yrs free mice but looks like they killed that in 2017.

I think 4 yrs free mtce should be included on all models. Doesn’t the competition mostly offer that?

Cadillac Premium Care Maintenance is 3yr / 35k miles free. (used to be 4 years)

BMW Ultimate Care is 3 years / 36k miles free.

Volvo Complimentary Factory Scheduled Maintenance is 3 years/36k miles free.

Audi Care is 1yr / 10k miles free. (used to be 2? years)

Porsche first maintenance visit is free. (3k miles?)

Range Rover is has none free.

• Like 1

You can negotiate those packages. I got 7 years 60k of bumper to bumper + the same on maintenance, 5 yrs exterior scratches dings removal, wheel and tire, and windshield, and 4yrs interior stains/scuffs/rips/tears for half the MSRP difference between the reserve and the BL.

The only thing I wish I had from the BL (besides the chalet interior which I won't do with 3 kids under 3) are the wheels and the black fender badging. I'll scoop those one of these days. :)

Edited by Seijirou
  • Like 1

You can negotiate those packages. I got 7 years 60k of bumper to bumper + the same on maintenance, 5 yrs exterior scratches dings removal, wheel and tire, and windshield, and 4yrs interior stains/scuffs/rips/tears for half the MSRP difference between the reserve and the BL.

The only thing I wish I had from the BL (besides the chalet interior which I won't do with 3 kids under 3) are the wheels and the black fender badging. I'll scoop those one of these days. :)

We did the maintenance plan along with extended warranty for 8 yr 100k miles (I think that was the term). Doing the math it was cheaper to pay for the maintenance up front, especially when the dealer showed us that brakes are covered in the maintenance plan. We didnt get the wheel coverage and of course I curbed one at the airport but its not bad and a easy fix for a couple hundred. We didnt do the seats either but Im starting to wish we did. We got the cappuccino color with 2 kids under two so that may have been a mistake and also my drivers seat is showing some unusual wear from where my pistol rides on my waist. Im not sure if its something to worry about or just the leather getting broke in. Ill keep an eye on it. Edited by boredinbirmingham
  • Like 1

We did the maintenance plan along with extended warranty for 8 yr 100k miles (I think that was the term). Doing the math it was cheaper to pay for the maintenance up front, especially when the dealer showed us that brakes are covered in the maintenance plan. We didnt get the wheel coverage and of course I curbed one at the airport but its not bad and a easy fix for a couple hundred. We didnt do the seats either but Im starting to wish we did. We got the cappuccino color with 2 kids under two so that may have been a mistake and also my drivers seat is showing some unusual wear from where my pistol rides on my waist. Im not sure if its something to worry about or just the leather getting broke in. Ill keep an eye on it.

What did the dealer show for your cost if you paid the maintenance yourself? My experience is they include a LOT of stuff that you don't need (e.g. fuel injector cleaning) and inspections that make the cost way too high. All you really need for maintenance is 6-8 oil and filter changes ($300 max), a tranny fluid replacement (< $200) and coolant replacement (<$200) once and maybe one set of brakes. If they charge more than that it's not a great deal.

• Like 1

What did the dealer show for your cost if you paid the maintenance yourself? My experience is they include a LOT of stuff that you don't need (e.g. fuel injector cleaning) and inspections that make the cost way too high. All you really need for maintenance is 6-8 oil and filter changes ($300 max), a tranny fluid replacement (< $200) and coolant replacement (<$200) once and maybe one set of brakes. If they charge more than that it's not a great deal.

The plan was several hundred bucks cheaper than all the maintenance. It came out to 13 service visits and a set of tires and brakes.

I would just caution anyone looking at that plan to go calculate your actual costs using Ford’s maintenance schedule and not to rely on the dealer’s version of “required maintenance” which is almost always inflated and includes a lot of “inspections” and things you either don’t need or don’t need as frequently. Buyer beware.

Yeah the maintenance plans aren't a killer deal or anything. The value there, if it's value to you, is taking advantage of the quick lane for any little thing (wiper blades, ww fluid, tire pressure) and having a consistent vehicle cost to simplify the budget. In the past I paid myself estimated escrow which is another way to do it.