Toyota steering wheel separating

fordtech1

https://www.leftlanenews.com/steering-column-separation-prompts-toyota-highlander-inquiry-100511.html

Anyone see any media coverage of this? When the fusion had concerns of steering wheel coming off it was front page news. Toyota,not so much.

No sir. There shouldn't be much media coverage at this time. The Leftlane news link says there are three complaints in the NHTSA database for the issue in Toyota Highlanders and is still under investigation. No accidents or injuries reported, and no recall yet.

Fusion and MKZ steering wheel separation issue was front page news because it involved a recall affecting more than 1.38 million vehicles.

Toyota fanboy reply in comments - Driver error! Well it might, but they manuals always say not to adjust the wheels and seat while driving. Get that shit right before you go.

The part of the comment about not adjusting steering wheel column and seats while driving is correct. That's true with any car or truck.

No sir. There shouldn't be much media coverage at this time. The Leftlane news link says there are three complaints in the NHTSA database for the issue in Toyota Highlanders and is still under investigation. No accidents or injuries reported, and no recall yet.

Fusion and MKZ steering wheel separation issue was front page news because it involved a recall affecting more than 1.38 million vehicles.

Wasn't the Fusion also just 3 complaints? Just about every news source carried that for a couple of weeks.

It doesnt matter. Some people are just going to believe what they wanna believe. Because in that logic Tesla auto pilot is such a low failure rate as far as getting in accidents it shouldnt be making the headlines. You cant convince me that the news is not bias. Bad news sales. And theres nothing better than one more stab on an American company. Granite quality control shouldve caught that and it should never happened. Im not given ford pass on this. Also Im not giving Toyota a free pass it should be the same standard.

• Like 2

You cant convince me that the news is not bias. Bad news sales. And theres nothing better than one more stab on an American company. Granite quality control shouldve caught that and it should never happened. Im not given ford pass on this. Also Im not giving Toyota a free pass it should be the same standard.

I agree fordtech1 sir that mainstream news media in the U.S. is biased. I don't trust them either. However, they aren't biased against the U.S. automakers only (Ford, GM, Tesla). Toyota got slammed by the same news media in 2010 over unintended acceleration complaints. VW got grilled by the media for the diesel emissions stuff. FCA too.

I think media thrives on bad news to make headlines. That's what brings in revenue for them.

If the NHTSA investigation for Toyota Highlander results in a recall, the news media will cover it extensively.

Edited by rperez817