New Facebook Pages

Ford Mach E

Ford Thunder

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
mlundstrom96

Benefits of 10 spd vs 6 spd transmission in F250 Lariat Diesel

I am new to the diesel world but i understand that the 2020 F250 will have a 10 spd trans instead of the 6 spd. What will that do for the trucks performance? Why would I wait instead of getting a 2019?

thanks

Mike

Which engine??

I am new to the diesel world but i understand that the 2020 F250 will have a 10 spd trans instead of the 6 spd. What will that do for the trucks performance? Why would I wait instead of getting a 2019?

thanks

Mike

I would expect the 10 speed to really keep the PowerStroke in the meat of it's powerband full-time. Expect minor changes in engine RPMs with shifts, and just a much smoother, refined delivery of power. That's what I expect the main difference for the 10 speed in the PowerStroke. I would expect a slight increase in fuel economy (5-10%), and slightly better performance, but nothing earth shattering. The PowerStroke has so much torque, it pulls hard in every gear.

For a good comparison, go drive a 2016 F150 with the 3.5L EcoBoost with the 6-speed and compare it to a 2018 F150 with the same engine but 10-speed.

Which engine??

Diesel. F250. That would be the 6.7L PowerStroke. :)

Diesel. F250. That would be the 6.7L PowerStroke. :)

Good grief. I missed the word diesel.

Twice.

It’s been a long couple of days...........