AC help

Darkman63

Just bought a 2011 ranger. it did not come with AC. It has a 4.0l engine. I am going to install the AC myself. What I need to know is where the clutch and Compressor pressure electrical connectors are. I fond the accumulator pressure connector . Please help.

The compressor clutch connector is part of engine harness right where the bracket is for the compressor. If its not there then the engine harness doesnt have it. You may have to add the wiring. The body harness has the accumulator low side switch harness from what you are saying.

At one time ford sold a ac kit. However, I doubt it any longer . You can buy the connector and wire it up. You can probably pick up the wiring at the engine harness bulkhead connector. Do you have a wiring diagram? Is there a connector for the high side pressure switch. I would have to look up where that is for a 2011 4.0. Its either next to the condenser on drivers side or at the manifold line at back of compressor.