2019 Mustang Order Status/Scheduling

Delphiexec

Does anyone know if the Mustangs scheduled to last week have completed production? Mine was scheduled for 7/26... just wondering typically how many days a new car build takes or generally how soon a car moves to await transport.

Have you talked to your Dealer and asked them for a status update? Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility tracking system. Shipping from the Flat Rock Assembly Plant is notorious for shipping delays but lately cars have been released and shipped on time.

• Like 1

Have you talked to your Dealer and asked them for a status update? Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility tracking system. Shipping from the Flat Rock Assembly Plant is notorious for shipping delays but lately cars have been released and shipped on time.

I was tracking for a guy whos Continental sat there for over a month waiting shipping with no explanation

I was tracking for a guy whos Continental sat there for over a month waiting shipping with no explanation

I have a 2019 Mustang Bullitt for a customer, that also bought a 2018 Shelby GT350 a few months ago, that was released and shipped immediately and made it to the final rail ramp destination in only 6 days. Unfortunately, someone decided that Mustangs destined for CT dealerships would be shipped via CSX Rail. CSX carries the Mustangs to western PA and then sends them to MD followed by a trip north to the rail ramp at Twin Oaks, PA outside of Philadelphia. The Twin Oaks Ramp is 160 miles from our dealership and United Road (carrier) has no other vehicles at the ramp for delivery anywhere near us. As a result, United Road probably won't be able to deliver the Bullitt for a least a month. Our only option is to send our trailer to pick up the Bullitt at the ramp.

Someone decided about a year ago to send Mustangs headed to our area via CSX Rail and now we have this delivery nightmare from the ramp at Twin Oaks, PA. Sending vehicles 160 miles via car carrier is a long haul compared to the majority of our vehicles which are sent to the rail ramp at Newark, NJ which is only half the distance away. Vehicles out of the Newark Ramp are hauled by Fleet Car which is pretty good at prompt deliveries.

Thanks for the information. If you or anybody else can keep me posted on any progress of the vehicle I would greatly appreciated it.

Sales code:f44414

Order code: 0625

Dealer rep: j- dohall

Dealership: Bud Smail Ford Lincoln

Paint: Velocity Blue

Destination: Greensburg, PA 15601

Edited by It’s 5150 Time

I have a 2019 Mustang Bullitt for a customer, that also bought a 2018 Shelby GT350 a few months ago, that was released and shipped immediately and made it to the final rail ramp destination in only 6 days. Unfortunately, someone decided that Mustangs destined for CT dealerships would be shipped via CSX Rail. CSX carries the Mustangs to western PA and then sends them to MD followed by a trip north to the rail ramp at Twin Oaks, PA outside of Philadelphia. The Twin Oaks Ramp is 160 miles from our dealership and United Road (carrier) has no other vehicles at the ramp for delivery anywhere near us. As a result, United Road probably won't be able to deliver the Bullitt for a least a month. Our only option is to send our trailer to pick up the Bullitt at the ramp.

Someone decided about a year ago to send Mustangs headed to our area via CSX Rail and now we have this delivery nightmare from the ramp at Twin Oaks, PA. Sending vehicles 160 miles via car carrier is a long haul compared to the majority of our vehicles which are sent to the rail ramp at Newark, NJ which is only half the distance away. Vehicles out of the Newark Ramp are hauled by Fleet Car which is pretty good at prompt deliveries.

CSX is a train wreck. Pun absolutely intended.
  • Like 1

Just received confirmation my car has completed production and is currently awaiting shipment! My dealer is only about 15 miles away from the plant, so hopefully it doesn't take much longer now. However, I was told they won't ship just one car... they will wait until they get enough vehicles to fill up a truck. ETA is 8/3 - 8/9, so I could be in the new car as early as Friday!

After 4 months, knowing it's finally so close is making each day slow to a crawl at this point...

Just received confirmation my car has completed production and is currently awaiting shipment! My dealer is only about 15 miles away from the plant, so hopefully it doesn't take much longer now. However, I was told they won't ship just one car... they will wait until they get enough vehicles to fill up a truck. ETA is 8/3 - 8/9, so I could be in the new car as early as Friday!

After 4 months, knowing it's finally so close is making each day slow to a crawl at this point...

theyll bring in other cars from other plants just to fill a truck. The north holding lot there at Flat Rock has cars in it from every Ford plant that builds for North America.
  • Like 1

Follow-up to my previous note about the 2019 Mustang Bullitt which was produced on 07/17/2017 and then released and shipped within 48 hours. The vehicle arrived at the Twin Oaks, PA Ramp on 07/25/2018 and was shipped via United Road carrier on 08/01/2018. The Bullitt arrived at the dealership yesterday morning (08/02/2018) at 5:30am.

The Bullitt arrived in good condition but had 35 miles on it and the wheel locks had been stolen. The wheel locks and key are shipped in a labeled, white plastic bag in the trunk but only the torn open bag was in the vehicle. I can't remember the last time wheel locks were missing from a vehicle. Why take the wheel locks and key any leave the torn open package behind? Just take the whole package which is labeled!

Now about the 35 miles on the odometer. Mustangs almost always arrive at the dealership with only 3-4 miles on the odometer. In cases where there is additional miles on the odometer there's always an addendum label on the vehicle stating that it was selected for random testing, etc. but there was no such label attached on the vehicle when it arrived. And not surprisingly, the vehicle arrived with a "0 Miles to Empty" display. Hmmmm. Sure seems like someone decided to take a ride to check out the Bullitt! Not much point in complaining to anyone though.

Just wanted to share.

FYI... The retail customer also purchased our 2018 Shelby GT350 about 2 months ago and is a collector of sorts. As such, when I inspected the Bullitt I pulled the "Build Sheet" and gave it to the sales representative to pass on to the customer for additional documentation.

Mine is scheduled to be built this week! Blend date 8/8. Window sticker also says it'll be shipped via convoy to my dealer in Franklin KY, 460 miles away from Flat Rock. So since it's not being shipped via train, do you guys think it'll arrive pretty quickly? EDD is 8/22 which I'm fine with, just curious what you guys think will happen. Thanx!!

Mine is scheduled to be built this week! Blend date 8/8. Window sticker also says it'll be shipped via convoy to my dealer in Franklin KY, 460 miles away from Flat Rock. So since it's not being shipped via train, do you guys think it'll arrive pretty quickly? EDD is 8/22 which I'm fine with, just curious what you guys think will happen. Thanx!!

Mine is suppose to be build on same date as yours. My ETA is around 9/1

What makes you think it's not going to be shipped by rail?

My window sticker says convoy, so I'm guessing that it'll be by truck only. Is that not correct? Thanx in advance!

Not always. I've seen a lot of window stickers for vehicles that were actually shipped by rail. I knew because the vehicles landed at one of the rail ramps and then were transferred to car carriers for the final leg of the trip to the dealership. Your Dealer can tell you how other Mustangs are shipped to them, the rail carrier, etc. and can track your vehicle 24/7 via the Vehicle Visibility system.

Not always. I've seen a lot of window stickers for vehicles that were actually shipped by rail. I knew because the vehicles landed at one of the rail ramps and then were transferred to car carriers for the final leg of the trip to the dealership. Your Dealer can tell you how other Mustangs are shipped to them, the rail carrier, etc. and can track your vehicle 24/7 via the Vehicle Visibility system.

Ahhh, Ok. I'll check with him. He's been great to work with