2019 Mustang Order Status/Scheduling

Delphiexec

1 hour ago, michjbthemh said:

The last update I got yesterday is that my order is in production with a pending ETA update. The order tracking site still shows estimated delivery of my Mustang to be October 28th. Well, I don't think THAT is going to happen! LOL

Now I’m ?? for at least a pre-Christmas delivery; it’s been a long wait from July. Whatever the delay is, I’d rather it be a solid fix/change from Flat Rock. ??

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StromSpeed said:

BTW: Ford employees and engineers have my 100% support on this delay. I appreciate them taking action before it leaves the factory, rather than deal with it after the fact. ??

Job-1 in full effect. It’s my first Ford and I appreciate the due diligence. ?

I couldn't agree with you more!

On 11/26/2018 at 12:22 PM, StromSpeed said:

Now 11 days past my EDD and stuck in ETA Pending state (thx fuzzymoomoo!)  and no car in sight; Dealer unsure what is happening.

Anyone take possession of a PP2 after a 10/1/18 build/blend date?

Yes my car was built 10/4 GT Premium PP2  I took delivery on 10/22.  I put 1k miles on it in the first 3 weeks and guess what I hear a tick.  I am not too worried about it as my truck does the same thing and has for 115k now.  I am going to try some Liqui Moly when I do the oil change and see if that makes the tick go away.  If it does then I know it is in the valve train.  If not than it is either the injectors, throttle body, or piston slap.  I have a scope and will scope the cylinders before I do any warranty voiding mods to the car.  

Edited by ia2004anderson
Forgot part of post.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/26/2018 at 1:22 PM, StromSpeed said:

Now 11 days past my EDD and stuck in ETA Pending state (thx fuzzymoomoo!)  and no car in sight; Dealer unsure what is happening.

Anyone take possession of a PP2 after a 10/1/18 build/blend date?

I ordered a PP2 car that has a blend date of October 4th and I have not received mine yet. I was supposed to receive it on or around Oct 28th. My status just changed yesterday from pending ETA to an ETA of 12/6-12/12 so maybe your status change is coming shortly. I wish you luck.

• Like 2

On 11/28/2018 at 4:13 AM, speedfr said:

how do you do to see your ETA

shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking It will ask for you VIN# and that should pull up a page where you can get information on your order. Also, you can go here: http://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/quick-look/2017/08/vehicle-tracking-system.html You will be able to live chat with a representative or call one. You need the order # and dealer code or the last 8 digits of your VIN. I hope this helps and keep us posted!

Data point: Just found out over the weekend that all PP2 builds from October and on have been sent back to the factory. There were no PP2 in the system for release as of 12/7. 

No official reason was given as to why. 

I also have no ETA yet. Was hoping to cruise around for Thanksgiving, then Christmas, but now I’m hoping for January, maybe? 

• Like 1

Well, definitely not what I wanted to hear. 

Received the call from my general manger today and I got the “why” my car has no ETA: it was damaged in transit from the factory to the body shop at Flat Rock. So much damage apparently, that I now have to reorder my car again!! Yes, start over and re-order a new VIN!! ?

So after placing my first order 7/28, I now have a second order placed today 12/10 for the exact same build. They are estimating 2-3 months; they said they will do what they can to expedite. 

Wish you all well in getting your cars folks, and pray this doesn’t happen to anyone else. 

Edited by StromSpeed
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 2

22 hours ago, StromSpeed said:

Data point: Just found out over the weekend that all PP2 builds from October and on have been sent back to the factory. There were no PP2 in the system for release as of 12/7. 

No official reason was given as to why. 

I also have no ETA yet. Was hoping to cruise around for Thanksgiving, then Christmas, but now I’m hoping for January, maybe? 

Where did you hear this info?  I am wondering why my PP2 did not get pulled back as it was built 10/4.

• 4 weeks later...