2019 Mustang Order Status/Scheduling

Delphiexec

Hello, I'm new to the forum too, I Ordered my Mustang GT Premium at my local dealer on June 11, 2018. I placed an order for a 2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible (see info below). It is still not Scheduled. I have emailed the salesman several times to see if he had any updates info or even a VIN and he said there was no update available yet.

The last Mustang GT/PP I ordered was on February 14, 2015, the VIN was assigned March 17, and the car delivered April 24.

My current order was ordered June 11, 2018, and no VIN has been assigned, and the dealer says it is still Unscheduled.

2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible

Ruby Red, 401A Interior, 6 Spd Manual, Active Exhaust, 20" Premium painted Aluminum Wheels, Ebony Interior, Spoiler Delete.

Order Number: L999

Dealer: F71057

Priority: 19

Is there any way to get an actual update or find out what is going on with scheduling???

Thank you for any input.

Rob Andreasen

Hello, I'm new to the forum too, I Ordered my Mustang GT Premium at my local dealer on June 11, 2018. I placed an order for a 2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible (see info below). It is still not Scheduled. I have emailed the salesman several times to see if he had any updates info or even a VIN and he said there was no update available yet.

The last Mustang GT/PP I ordered was on February 14, 2015, the VIN was assigned March 17, and the car delivered April 24.

My current order was ordered June 11, 2018, and no VIN has been assigned, and the dealer says it is still Unscheduled.

2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible

Ruby Red, 401A Interior, 6 Spd Manual, Active Exhaust, 20" Premium painted Aluminum Wheels, Ebony Interior, Spoiler Delete.

Order Number: L999

Dealer: F71057

Priority: 19

Is there any way to get an actual update or find out what is going on with scheduling???

Thank you for any input.

Rob Andreasen

You need to get a higher priority.

How do I get the Priority raised, just ask the Dealer to do it???

Yes but it probably won’t matter. If you’re the only customer ordered mustang from that dealership yours will be built next regardless. The only way it’s a problem is if your dealer ordered another mustang for another customer after your order and gave it a lower priority. If they’re all 19 then they get built oldest order first.

• Like 1

So for the guys who have already gotten their cars (if they're still on here) - did it go to "radio silence" after COTUS showed that it had been completed production and the next thing to happen was for it to arrive? Mine was finished 08/09, right on time, then on the 11th the EDD date went from the 22nd to this saturday, the 18th. But it still says awaiting shipment. I'm in northern TN, a direct shot down I-65. I'm just wondering if anyone else status stayed "awaiting shipment" until it showed up. Thanx!

Yes but it probably won’t matter. If you’re the only customer ordered mustang from that dealership yours will be built next regardless. The only way it’s a problem is if your dealer ordered another mustang for another customer after your order and gave it a lower priority. If they’re all 19 then they get built oldest order first.

Thank you "akirby" and "5150", I appreciate your responses. I just got my VIN today, the dealer contacted the Ford Rep and got the VIN... the car is scheduled to be built the week of October 1... WOW, it was supposed to be 8-10 weeks from June 12 (delivery should have been end of August)... He has promised to ask the Ford Rep if there is any way to speed it up. Does anyone know why it would take so long? Is it because it is the beginning of the new model year? Or the 10,000,000th Mustang build on August 8??? Something sure seems wrong.

So for the guys who have already gotten their cars (if they're still on here) - did it go to "radio silence" after COTUS showed that it had been completed production and the next thing to happen was for it to arrive? Mine was finished 08/09, right on time, then on the 11th the EDD date went from the 22nd to this saturday, the 18th. But it still says awaiting shipment. I'm in northern TN, a direct shot down I-65. I'm just wondering if anyone else status stayed "awaiting shipment" until it showed up. Thanx!

COTUS was pretty up to date with everything on mine. It went from awaiting shipment to in transit in about 6 days after it was produced and about 2 weeks later showed up on the West Coast at my dealership.

Thank you "akirby" and "5150", I appreciate your responses. I just got my VIN today, the dealer contacted the Ford Rep and got the VIN... the car is scheduled to be built the week of October 1... WOW, it was supposed to be 8-10 weeks from June 12 (delivery should have been end of August)... He has promised to ask the Ford Rep if there is any way to speed it up. Does anyone know why it would take so long? Is it because it is the beginning of the new model year? Or the 10,000,000th Mustang build on August 8??? Something sure seems wrong.

From what I have heard is there were a couple parts constraints. Not sure if you got magneride. but I had heard that and also the active valve exhaust were delaying some builds. I also just got scheduled for week of Oct 1st and had ordered in June. I have both active valve exhaust and Magneride on my PP2. I doubt the 10 millionth mustang had anything to do with the delay. Its just one car that came down the line like any other car.

Edited by ia2004anderson
  • Like 1

Hi can someone help me please ordered 2019 mustang gt premium convertible on 7/19 dealer code-CB7225 order number-1000 colour- Oxford white today and yesterday ford performance chat guy said its scheduled to built on October 3 but dealer doesnt know anything and no vin thanks

Hi can someone help me please ordered 2019 mustang gt premium convertible on 7/19 dealer code-CB7225 order number-1000 colour- Oxford white today and yesterday ford performance chat guy said its scheduled to built on October 3 but dealer doesnt know anything and no vin thanks

If it's actually scheduled then there has to be a VIN number as it's assigned as part of the scheduling process.

My dealer ordered some Other mustang on July 24 and he got the vin but on order he didnt have anything.here is the chat with Ford Performance Tom says:

Hello Gurpreet. My name is Tom how can I help you?

Gurpreet says:

Hi Tom dealer code-CB7225 order number-1000

Tom says:

One moment please...

Gurpreet says:

Tom r u there

Tom says:

As of 8/16 I'm showing the vehicle is scheduled to the week of 10/1 for assembly.

Gurpreet says:

Thanks Tom

From what I have heard is there were a couple parts constraints. Not sure if you got magneride. but I had heard that and also the active valve exhaust were delaying some builds. I also just got scheduled for week of Oct 1st and had ordered in June. I have both active valve exhaust and Magneride on my PP2. I doubt the 10 millionth mustang had anything to do with the delay. Its just one car that came down the line like any other car.

Hey La2004, Thanks for the note, I had heard about the Magnaride also, but not the Active Exhaust.

I don't have the Magnaride, but do have the Active Exhaust, but don't understand how that would delay getting the car scheduled from July till October, unless there are product delivery issues, like backordered Exhaust Systems, that had to be remanufactured and won't be available for the build until October... If there were a reason, I'd be fine, but for the Dealer to say nothing, and act as if it is normal to go from an 8-10 week delivery to a 4-1/2 month deliver is mind boggling.

Sure would appreciate any thoughts or feedback, I may be only impatient... but I'm a big boy, I can be patient if I know there's a reason.

Hey La2004, Thanks for the note, I had heard about the Magnaride also, but not the Active Exhaust.

I don't have the Magnaride, but do have the Active Exhaust, but don't understand how that would delay getting the car scheduled from July till October, unless there are product delivery issues, like backordered Exhaust Systems, that had to be remanufactured and won't be available for the build until October... If there were a reason, I'd be fine, but for the Dealer to say nothing, and act as if it is normal to go from an 8-10 week delivery to a 4-1/2 month deliver is mind boggling.

Sure would appreciate any thoughts or feedback, I may be only impatient... but I'm a big boy, I can be patient if I know there's a reason.

I have active exhaust and mine is scheduled to be produced next week.

Hey Fuzzy or Ice Capades (or anyone else who has access to Ford info),

So my car was completed on 8/9 and original EDD was tomorrow (8/22). Last week it got bumped up to 8/18 but then Friday night, 8/17, they removed the EDD completely. Its said "awaiting shipment" ever since 8/9.

My dealer can only see that its been released but not anything else. Same with the Ford chat folks.

Can you see if its been shipped or what the latest status is? Vin is 1FA6P8CF5K5114673, dealer code is F23093 - Hunt Ford in Franklin KY, order # 9999, priority code 19, kona blue GT premium.

Thanx so much!

Hey Fuzzy or Ice Capades (or anyone else who has access to Ford info),

So my car was completed on 8/9 and original EDD was tomorrow (8/22). Last week it got bumped up to 8/18 but then Friday night, 8/17, they removed the EDD completely. Its said "awaiting shipment" ever since 8/9.

My dealer can only see that its been released but not anything else. Same with the Ford chat folks.

Can you see if its been shipped or what the latest status is? Vin is 1FA6P8CF5K5114673, dealer code is F23093 - Hunt Ford in Franklin KY, order # 9999, priority code 19, kona blue GT premium.

Thanx so much!

Sorry but as a Ford Dealer I can only track vehicles for my own dealership.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Give me some feedback...

I ordered Aug 3... still no VIN ... nothing...

We're into the 11/19 week of production, IF it happended to even get scheduled this week .... so yeah, don't expect to see it in 2018 at this rate...

So, who ordered earlier than me and is still waiting on a VIN and a production date?

Give me some feedback...

I ordered Aug 3... still no VIN ... nothing...

We're into the 11/19 week of production, IF it happended to even get scheduled this week .... so yeah, don't expect to see it in 2018 at this rate...

So, who ordered earlier than me and is still waiting on a VIN and a production date?

A lot of factors can determine how long it takes to get an order scheduled including commodity restrictions (MagneRide, etc.), your Dealer's Mustang allocation, your order's priority code compared to other Mustang orders in your Dealer's USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank), etc.

• Like 1

A lot of factors can determine how long it takes to get an order scheduled including commodity restrictions (MagneRide, etc.), your Dealer's Mustang allocation, your order's priority code compared to other Mustang orders in your Dealer's USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank), etc.

Have a feeling it may be my dealers allocation... there is nothing commodity restricted on mine (CS/GT Vert) & it's priority 10