2019 Mustang Order Status/Scheduling

Delphiexec

Hello,

Hoping one of the resident experts can take a look at my order for me. I had a 2018 order that the dealership screwed up and has since reordered (prior to scheduling starting) as a 2019. As far as I can tell the order still hasn't been scheduled despite others having theirs, and today I found out both the sales person and manager I was dealing with are apparently no longer at the dealership. On top of that I'm having difficulties getting them to hold to the agreement the team I was previously working with agreed to due to the screw up on their part.

I'm going to head over there tomorrow after work, but could someone please check to see if this has been scheduled. The Ford chat line said they have no ETA, but mentioned they can't see if its been scheduled.

Order # M001

Dealer # F11215

2019 Mustang GT (Magnetic, 6 Speed, PP1, Magneride, 301a, Enhanced Security, and Navigation Package)

This was supposed to be an easy order of me walking in knowing exactly what I wanted and an agreed upon price, but its turned into an absolute cluster.....

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Hoping one of the resident experts can take a look at my order for me. I had a 2018 order that the dealership screwed up and has since reordered (prior to scheduling starting) as a 2019. As far as I can tell the order still hasn't been scheduled despite others having theirs, and today I found out both the sales person and manager I was dealing with are apparently no longer at the dealership. On top of that I'm having difficulties getting them to hold to the agreement the team I was previously working with agreed to due to the screw up on their part.

I'm going to head over there tomorrow after work, but could someone please check to see if this has been scheduled. The Ford chat line said they have no ETA, but mentioned they can't see if its been scheduled.

Order # M001

Dealer # F11215

2019 Mustang GT (Magnetic, 6 Speed, PP1, Magneride, 301a, Enhanced Security, and Navigation Package)

This was supposed to be an easy order of me walking in knowing exactly what I wanted and an agreed upon price, but its turned into an absolute cluster.....

Thanks in advance.

Do you have a copy of the original agreement for the 2018 Mustang GT in writing? If so, there shouldn't be much to discuss as the base price of a 2019 Mustang GT Fastback is only $165 more than the 2018MY. The #301A package and options are the same price for both models years from what I just saw comparing the Ford price lists. If they're decent about it, the right thing for them to do is to honor the original agreement and sell you the 2019MY at the same price.

My only other advice is to go to the dealership armed with whatever documentation you have and go straight to the Sales Manager. If there's any problem, then go to the General Manager or Dealer Principal if necessary. If at any point you're not getting satisfcation, take your business to another Dealer!

Do you have a copy of the original agreement for the 2018 Mustang GT in writing? If so, there shouldn't be much to discuss as the base price of a 2019 Mustang GT Fastback is only $165 more than the 2018MY. The #301A package and options are the same price for both models years from what I just saw comparing the Ford price lists. If they're decent about it, the right thing for them to do is to honor the original agreement and sell you the 2019MY at the same price.

My only other advice is to go to the dealership armed with whatever documentation you have and go straight to the Sales Manager. If there's any problem, then go to the General Manager or Dealer Principal if necessary. If at any point you're not getting satisfcation, take your business to another Dealer!

Actually stopped at the dealership this evening on the way home and the sales manager outright tried to say everything I knew as a fact was wrong. I tried staying calm (spent years in retail management on the other side of the argument), but still ended up beyond frustrated so I took my deposit back. They ended up calling me back on the way home and telling me that oh they were wrong on both accounts and that the car was still ordered if I wanted it when it came in and that the GM had agreed to covering the rebate and apparently never told the SM (the disagreement was over the dealership covering the rebate because the 2019 wouldn't have it or not near as high). I've seen what Koons sells the same car for with their WoW pricing so I know even covering the rebate the dealership would still make a minor profit. And I'm willing to bet that Ford agreed to pick up some of the costs since they cancelled the 2018 order.

Long story short the order is supposed to be scheduled this week so we'll see. Tempted to go to another dealer just out of principal, but I don't want to have to negotiate again and I know everyone has their bad days so we'll chalk the disagreement up to that.

I will say that my experience with all of the dealerships in state and out of state I've dealt with have not been great. Might just be my luck, but I've seemed to get the new sales person at every single location. And the time I have spoke to experienced sales people, I know more about the car and process than they do. I know the Mustang isn't high volume, but I'd like to think if your job is to sell something you know the basics of the vehicle and process.

Thanks for the help.

• Like 1

I know there are hundreds of variables that go into when a car is scheduled, but given the below, does anyone think there should be room for concern when I retail-ordered my 2019 on April 9 and have not been given a scheduled date yet?

Normally I would not ask, but my dealer keeps telling me they are "the #2 Ford dealership for sales in the country" and that I should have expected the car "quickly" after production start-up. When I first ordered, I was told I'd get it in July. However, I am not getting any answer from them as to WHY my vehicle is still unscheduled, and I see so many people online saying they have build weeks already. I was just given a lines such as, "people online can just be BS'ing their production weeks to rub salt", or, "we want it here just as quickly as you do". And by my dealer reinforcing they're one of the "top", it just makes it all the more frustrating.

Dealer: F48032, priority 10

Order #: 8839

• Like 1

Hello,

Order # M001

Dealer # F11215

Thanks in advance.

In Order Processing Unscheduled- Clean

Can anyone provide an update on my order? Details below:

Order Code: 0505

Sales Code: F27037

Pri Code: 10

It's 2019 GT Premium PP2

thanks,

JD

Next time give me color. Priority code means nothing to me when I'm looking up vehicles and trying to pick one out of an order.

I know there are hundreds of variables that go into when a car is scheduled, but given the below, does anyone think there should be room for concern when I retail-ordered my 2019 on April 9 and have not been given a scheduled date yet?

Normally I would not ask, but my dealer keeps telling me they are "the #2 Ford dealership for sales in the country" and that I should have expected the car "quickly" after production start-up. When I first ordered, I was told I'd get it in July. However, I am not getting any answer from them as to WHY my vehicle is still unscheduled, and I see so many people online saying they have build weeks already. I was just given a lines such as, "people online can just be BS'ing their production weeks to rub salt", or, "we want it here just as quickly as you do". And by my dealer reinforcing they're one of the "top", it just makes it all the more frustrating.

Dealer: F48032, priority 10

Order #: 8839

Bill Brown Ford? They think mighty highly of themselves over there.

I was actually in Michigan over the weekend for family and drove by just to see how the lots looked and they were pretty full. There's definitely a rail car/transportation shortage that they hopefully clear up by then.

Thats been an ongoing problem for years. You probably noticed the nearby yard being full of them too, but some of those are destined for Dearborn and to Detroit for the Jeep plant.

I dont know what happened to Canadian National, they used to be the best railroad for car turnaround time. Rail Cars wouldnt sit in a yard for more than 3-5 days. Now it seems based on my observation of the Flat Rock yard they do everything at a snails pace.

Then theres the typical Flat Rock plant shipping delays ice-capades mentioned that have been going on forever and nobody really seems to know why. I personally think its the railroad.

Just checked with ford chat,

my order is also unscheduled clean.

Order went in 4/25 as a stock order with priority 20.

Hopefully this Thursday or the next Thursday...

Will be keeping an eye on this thread to see if any other 2019's get scheduled soon.

Hoping this gets scheduled today, but based on my recent luck I'm not betting on it. After the mess with the dealer it will be interesting to see if it does get scheduled, do they actually call me to update me.

Best of luck to everyone else waiting on scheduling.

i figured it would be scheduled BY Thursday morning?

I guess i can check with ford performance again tomorrow.

no luck when i checked this morning around 10am EST

Scheduling is usually done Thursday mornings but sometimes the scheduling commitment gets pushed back until 4:00pm. The Regional Scheduler notifies dealers when the scheduling is pushed back to Thursday afternoon or Friday. Scheduling confirmations are available to Dealers through WBDO or Vehicle Visibility by Friday morning.

• Like 1