Custom Search

2019 Lincoln Aviator Introduced Here !

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

A Week with new the Expedition

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   fordmantpw

fordmantpw

akirby's stunt double

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,231 posts
  • Joined 30-January 06
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • Current Vehicle:2017 F350 Crew Cab 4x4 PowerStroke Diesel

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:53 AM

Dude, I've got 11k+ miles and over a year with my Super Duty and the cup holders.  Do they click?  Well, maybe, but I haven't really noticed because my cup sliding in and out and the ice moving around is making a noise too, so it's not enough to be bothersome to me.  There is a bit of force, but I like that it holds the cup nice and firm.  The only issue I've had with them is a Stanley water bottle my wife uses doesn't fit well.  So, she just puts it on the other side (the SD cupholders have room for 4 cups with a sliding partition...really cool).

Oh well, to each their own. :)

• kyle likes this

photo-thumb-15254.jpg

Future Vehicles
2020 Ford Explorer/Lincoln Aviator

Current Vehicles
'17 F350 Super Duty Crew Cab, Lariat, 4x4, 6.7L Diesel

'10 Mercury Milan

'09 Ford Flex Limited (wife's)

Past Vehicles
'08 F250 Super Duty Crew Cab, Lariat, 4x4, 6.4L Diesel
'05 Ford F150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 5.4 - sold @53k, not a single problem
'03 Ford Escape XLT
(wife's) Traded at 75k for '09 Flex
'99 Ford F150 XLT Regular Cab 4x4 5.4 - Sold @136k, then totaled by the new owner on the way to its new home :(
'96 Chevrolet Cavalier (wife's - she brought it into the marriage)
'86 Ford Bronco II XLT 4x4 5 Speed 2.9L - what a dog, and it cracked heads like no tomorrow. 150k+ on 4 engines

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   MY93SHO

MY93SHO

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Joined 12-February 09

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:39 AM

Lol......Heh, heh, heh.....I have my preferences like we all do-but with a center IP so friggin big-it could be better. If you guys are happy with it fine-but it has room for improvement in its overall layout. And go check every Ford in the past I don't know how many years, it has the same PRNDL placement/design/style for the shifter. Bottom of the IP and still a manual gague?  It has not changed in ages-while everyone else has at least gone to a digital readout and placed it in various spots-not Ford. I guess that is the perfect spot?

And again for the cupholders......I know you guys don't have any issue with it-good for you-I did not until the 3rd day in the car and I started to notice the noise and effort put into pushing my Yeti in and out. So before you guys continue to break my balls (even if I deserve it!!)  go grab a water bottle, yeti, coffee and place it in and out of the cupholder and tell me if you don't constantly hear it clicking in and out, plus pay attention to the effort required. And then go do the same thing like I said in a GM/Jeep product-and probably any other current car (driving a long term Maxima and they don't have any insert of any kind).  Come back to me afterwards and tell me how they sounded and held your beverage. 

It's a small thing but after you see something laid out so much better it suggests they change it. 

I can pick apart any vehicles layout when it comes down to small items and no car is perfect-I'm sure Ford does it for a reason and they are perfectly happy with it. 

Plus the idea behind the post was to give you guys some perspective on a new Ford product-which I think they've done a damn good job:)

There is no way you drove a Limited with a manual PRNDL guage. My 2015 Lariat F150 had a digital PRNDL, same as the fuel, coolant temp, oil pressure, etc. The Expedition and F150 have the same guage cluster. The large TFT display has only a physical speedo and tach, everything else is digital.  How would you have a physical PRNDL with a rotary knob? It's electronic. You would have to make some electronic/ physical interface to make it work.

They must have made the digital speedo in the center of the TFT smaller for the Expedition? Mine is perfectly fine in size. It's bigger that the one in the 2017 Silverado I drove when the body shop replaced my front bumper.

Edited by MY93SHO, 16 May 2018 - 06:52 AM.

#23 OFFLINE   kyle

kyle

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Joined 18-November 02

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:53 AM

There is no way you drove a Limited with a manual PRNDL guage. My 2015 Lariat F150 had a digital PRNDL, same as the fuel, coolant temp, oil pressure, etc. The Expedition and F150 have the same guage cluster. The large TFT display has only a physical speedo and tach, everything else is digital.  How would you have a physical PRNDL with a rotary knob? It's electronic. You would have to make some electronic/ physical interface to make it work.

They must have made the digital speedo in the center of the TFT smaller for the Expedition? Mine is perfectly fine in size. It's bigger that the one in the 2017 Silverado I drove when the body shop replaced my front bumper.

I might be wrong but I think that gear placement is not digital-it is identical in damn near everything Ford has been putting out the past few years and not all of their product has a digital center gauge layout. Not a big deal either way, my point was that it would be nice for them to differ the styling of that component. 

#24 OFFLINE   Dlcorbett

Dlcorbett

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 256 posts
  • Joined 28-August 13
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:08 ford fusion

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:11 AM

My gear indicator is digital, i have a ltd expy as well but it has the drivers assistance pkg which yours different have. The tft screen should still be the same, with the only difference being the distance indicator above the gear indicator.

#25 OFFLINE   Anthony

Anthony

Voice of reason

• 5,525 posts
  • Joined 08-May 01
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Focus Hatch

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:33 AM

The biggest complaint I have for my Focus is the cup holders!

Seriously!  If you put a styrofoam cup in them it will destroy it and leak coffee all over the inside of your vehicle.  (I love my Dunkin Donuts).  The little nubs grab it way too tight.

I had to put a plastic cup inside the cupholder and then put my coffee cup inside the new makeshift cupholder so it would not get destroyed.  

It is a common complaint for the Focus at least:  http://www.focusfana...up-holders.html

First World Problem, I know.

Edited by Anthony, 16 May 2018 - 11:34 AM.

#26 OFFLINE   fuzzymoomoo

fuzzymoomoo

Blue Oval Enthusiast

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,601 posts
  • Joined 18-February 14
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2008 Focus, 2018 Fusion

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:24 PM

The biggest complaint I have for my Focus is the cup holders!

Seriously!  If you put a styrofoam cup in them it will destroy it and leak coffee all over the inside of your vehicle.  (I love my Dunkin Donuts).  The little nubs grab it way too tight.

I had to put a plastic cup inside the cupholder and then put my coffee cup inside the new makeshift cupholder so it would not get destroyed.  

It is a common complaint for the Focus at least:  http://www.focusfana...up-holders.html

First World Problem, I know.

Tell me about it. I HATED the cup holders in my Focus. Whoever thought making the grips rubber instead of spring loaded plastic like EVERY OTHER FORD VEHICLE should have been immediately fired for such a stupid decision.
Officially a disgruntled Ford Employee

#27 OFFLINE   kyle

kyle

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Joined 18-November 02

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:24 PM

I guess its a good thing when we can bitch about cup holders! The last generation we would of had a list a mile long.
  • fordmantpw likes this

#28 OFFLINE   Sevensecondsuv

Sevensecondsuv

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,356 posts
  • Joined 14-June 07

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:37 PM

I did that in my ranger the other day. I har picked up some sharp pieces of broken plastic off the garage floor one day and just dropped them in the cupholder since I was in a hurry. Fast forward a few weeks and I had just stopped at a gas station for coffee on the way to work that morning. I set the coffee down in the cupholder and the sharp plastic pieces which were still sitting there punctured the styrofoam coffee cup and drained the whole 16 ounces before I could figure out what was going on.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service | DMCA ·