nationwide Navigator search howto

I don't like to order cars and wait. It takes all the fun out of it, so when my local dealers told me I might wait as long as 4 months for a Navigator, I was determined not to. Of course the local dealers won't help. They offered to negotiate to get a Navigator from a nearby dealer, in a color we didn't want, for $4k+ over MSRP. No thanks.

All we wanted was a White/Black (or black/black) reserve 4x4 with a 2nd row pass thru. Not exactly a "rare" config, so I figured surely there had to be a few of those those somewhere in the country...

The online lincoln.com inventory search will only search a 100 mile radius, so I used this zipcode-map to lookup zipcodes and repeat the search for major metro areas all over the country. It took me less than an hour to find three white/black and about a dozen black/black Navigators that met our requirements. Some were on dealer order, but some were already on lots.

I talked to a couple dealers with cars on order, but they were just stalling, and refusing to even tell me an expected delivery date. One even tried to get me to wire a full payment for a car without providing a sticker or VIN or anything. Crazy. However, I finally found a dealer with an actual car on the lot, and they were more than happy to sell it to me at MSRP. Ironic that I'm in California, and the car I bought was in NYC. No matter. A couple weeks to arrange and wait for shipping, and I had my Navigator without any ~2-4 month indeterminate wait time. If you ship on open-carrier (~$1300) you can even use the Lincoln Way app to track your car shipment. I went enclosed carrier (~$2400), so it lost signal as soon as it was loaded.

If you don't want to wait for a special order, but you're not web savvy enough to do the searching, post your config here and I'll see if I can find you one.

post-58553-0-69663800-1525897142_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dave_SF

Here's a trick to cut down the number of zip codes you have to search. After you have done the build-your-own thing and are searching inventory, and after you have picked a 100 mile radius, look up at the URL in your browser's address bar. You know, the one starting with https://shop.lincoln.com/inventory/....etc. etc. etc.

Click in that URL and look for something that looks like &Radius=100& in the middle of it. You can edit that '100' to a number bigger than what the website usually lets you pick, all the way up to 500 (although sometimes the search times out when you do a radius that big). Anyway, that lets you search a lot more dealerships at once.

The other trick I use is if you are searching for a black label, for some reason the site doesn't always list black labels first. So, just tell it to sort with the price highest first, and then you see all the black labels first no matter what.

• 7 months later...

We are looking for a 2nd row bench ... when we finally decide ... and I am thinking that practically HAS to be a special order given the lack of them out there. There are a few I think, but not a ton. I also have searched on autotrader.com but it's not as good as just going to local websites or doing what's suggested above. I do find it helpful to get real world pics of color combos however.

13 hours ago, Husker4theSpurs said:

We are looking for a 2nd row bench ... when we finally decide ... and I am thinking that practically HAS to be a special order given the lack of them out there. There are a few I think, but not a ton. I also have searched on autotrader.com but it's not as good as just going to local websites or doing what's suggested above. I do find it helpful to get real world pics of color combos however.

I needed the second bench + teck pkg in a Reserve L which was really hard to find too. I called the Lincoln Concierge and they got me a list within 24 hours, complete with window stickers. It helped greatly, you may want to look into it.

18 hours ago, shiftconvention said:

I needed the second bench + teck pkg in a Reserve L which was really hard to find too. I called the Lincoln Concierge and they got me a list within 24 hours, complete with window stickers. It helped greatly, you may want to look into it.

Thanks so much for the information ... that is really great!