2019 Mustang GT Premium - When to place order?

Mustangworks

Hi, I'm new to this forum but not to Mustangs :).

My question is directed to Fuzzy or someone else who sees where cars are in the process, ETAs and all that. My wife and I are wanting to time our order so that It arrives sometime in August bc we should have a very good downpayment by then. Our dealer said it would PROBABLY take 6-8 weeks from order to delivery but that's not what I'm seeing on here.

So when would you place the order to try and have it arrive before September? I'm also aware of the June 13 production date for '19s as well. Thanx!!

Jeff

Back when the 2005 Mustang came out and the car was super popular-I ordered a 2006 GT in December and got it in March of the next year-so figure at least 12 weeks.

My SHO took about 6-8 weeks to get-but then again not as popular as a car...but it came super quick from Chicago to Maryland-I think it was on a train and was at the dealership with in 48-36 hours of being shipped.

Back when the 2005 Mustang came out and the car was super popular-I ordered a 2006 GT in December and got it in March of the next year-so figure at least 12 weeks.

My SHO took about 6-8 weeks to get-but then again not as popular as a car...but it came super quick from Chicago to Maryland-I think it was on a train and was at the dealership with in 48-36 hours of being shipped.

Good to know. We just sold our 06 GT last week which is part of our downpayment on this one. Great car! And it had SLP exhaust so she sounded amazing.

My family lives in Howard Co Maryland, that's where I basically grew up.

Thanx for the info!

2006 Mustang GT (2)

I ordered one in 14 and it took about 8 weeks. That was when they were moving Fusion production to FRAP and they said there was a short train delay as well.

another good resource to check out is mustang6g forums.

They have a orders placed thread where everyone has been tracking and posting updates about their orders.

You can probably get a good idea of what to expect from that as well.

Good luck on your order!

• Like 2

I ordered one in 14 and it took about 8 weeks. That was when they were moving Fusion production to FRAP and they said there was a short train delay as well.

Thanx for the info!

another good resource to check out is mustang6g forums.

They have a orders placed thread where everyone has been tracking and posting updates about their orders.

You can probably get a good idea of what to expect from that as well.

Good luck on your order!

I'm on there as well, haven't checked too much yet. thanx for that info!

My dealer does a pretty high volume Mustang business. I thought about ordering a 2019 but was told delivery would likely not be until September.

I decided to have them find me a 2018 since there are basically no changes and the deal on the 2018 was substantially better. Besides, I wanted to enjoy it this summer. Fortunately, we located exactly what I would have ordered.

I ordered a 2019 GT and was told end of July-September. I’m not holding my breath though since I ordered a 2011 when the 5.0 was first released and it took half a year. Hated every second of it but it was worth it. If you can find a 2018 with the same options and a dealership willing to try and get it from another dealership I’d be willing to let them for the incentives currently available.

• 1 month later...