New Facebook Pages

Ford Mach E

Ford Thunder

• Custom Search

ALLSTOCK

2019 B&O sound system

Sync doesnt recognize FLAC. I tried it.

Odd, after I posted that I was searching and then found this.

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/Lincoln-SYNC-3-Supplement-version-2_sycsy_EN-US_02_2016.pdf

"Supported Media Players, Formats and Metadata Information The system is capable of hosting nearly any digital media player, including iPod, iPhone, and most USB drives. Supported audio formats include MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, and FLAC. Supported audio file extensions include MP3, WMA, WAV, M4A, M4B, AAC, and FLAC. Supported USB file systems include: FAT, exFAT, and NTFS."

I will admit I havent tried it in the new car yet but it doesnt work in my Focus.

A significant difference between the old Shaker and the new B&O is 1000w in the B&O vs 330w in the Shaker.

A significant difference between the old Shaker and the new B&O is 1000w in the B&O vs 330w in the Shaker.

Where did you find specs on the sound systems? I havent seen wattage numbers anywhere.

What is the advantage of higher wattage other than how loud the system will play? I am not suggesting higher wattage isn't a good thing but I am just curious about the benefits. I am obviously not an audiophile.

What is the advantage of higher wattage other than how loud the system will play? I am not suggesting higher wattage isn't a good thing but I am just curious about the benefits. I am obviously not an audiophile.

It allows the speakers to operate within a bigger range

You can't believe most of the wattage ratings advertised these days. They're either misleading or downright lies. What you want is good clean power with low distortion.

Where did you find specs on the sound systems? I havent seen wattage numbers anywhere.

Saw them in some marketing info at the dealer.

Better bass response and overall better sound quality at comfortable listening volumes in my experience.

I had the Shaker Pro in my '16. I now have the B&O in my '19. It appears they have gone from an 8in sub to a 10in. It sounds much better. You can now choose Surround sound instead of Driver Seat configuration.

I was concerned about the use of trunk space for the sub-woofer in the 2019 Mustang and looked high and low for an example ( in Southern California mind you, where the Ford dealerships are fairly numerous and within a reasonable driving distance). I could not find a single one so opted to just order the car without the B&O. Still, the question lingers. Can anyone tell me from an owners perspective what you are dealing with in terms of loss of trunk space?

There isn't any loss of space, you just have to be careful when loading the trunk that nothing potentially harmful is near the speaker

The subwoofer sits neatly in the right corner of the trunk (just behind the tail light) very almost identical  to the way the old one did. The only real difference is it's not quite as cosmetically appealing as the old one. 

That comes straight from the guy who installs them at the plant. He's a good friend of mine. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

I think the new Global Focus actually puts the B&O subwoofer right in the middle of the spare wheel.  I've only seen a glimpse of this but it looks like you have to move it aside when accessing the spare tire.

BTW, I'm just now becoming aware of this, but regulations in Europe require many of the road-side emergency kits you see in the compartments under the trunk floor.  This includes the yellow vests and road-side triangles.  

2018-Ford-Focus-ST-Line-Hatch-Blue-Press

Edited by Assimilator

Thank you both! Good information and pictures to boot! Very informative and finally let me put my unrest over the decision not to get this option to bed.

Thanks again!