2019 B&O sound system

ALLSTOCK

Sync doesnt recognize FLAC. I tried it.

Odd, after I posted that I was searching and then found this.

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/Lincoln-SYNC-3-Supplement-version-2_sycsy_EN-US_02_2016.pdf

"Supported Media Players, Formats and Metadata Information The system is capable of hosting nearly any digital media player, including iPod, iPhone, and most USB drives. Supported audio formats include MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, and FLAC. Supported audio file extensions include MP3, WMA, WAV, M4A, M4B, AAC, and FLAC. Supported USB file systems include: FAT, exFAT, and NTFS."

What is the advantage of higher wattage other than how loud the system will play? I am not suggesting higher wattage isn't a good thing but I am just curious about the benefits. I am obviously not an audiophile.

You can't believe most of the wattage ratings advertised these days. They're either misleading or downright lies. What you want is good clean power with low distortion.

What is the advantage of higher wattage other than how loud the system will play? I am not suggesting higher wattage isn't a good thing but I am just curious about the benefits. I am obviously not an audiophile.

Better bass response and overall better sound quality at comfortable listening volumes in my experience.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I was concerned about the use of trunk space for the sub-woofer in the 2019 Mustang and looked high and low for an example ( in Southern California mind you, where the Ford dealerships are fairly numerous and within a reasonable driving distance). I could not find a single one so opted to just order the car without the B&O. Still, the question lingers. Can anyone tell me from an owners perspective what you are dealing with in terms of loss of trunk space?

The subwoofer sits neatly in the right corner of the trunk (just behind the tail light) very almost identical  to the way the old one did. The only real difference is it's not quite as cosmetically appealing as the old one. 

That comes straight from the guy who installs them at the plant. He's a good friend of mine. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

I think the new Global Focus actually puts the B&O subwoofer right in the middle of the spare wheel.  I've only seen a glimpse of this but it looks like you have to move it aside when accessing the spare tire.

BTW, I'm just now becoming aware of this, but regulations in Europe require many of the road-side emergency kits you see in the compartments under the trunk floor.  This includes the yellow vests and road-side triangles.  

2018-Ford-Focus-ST-Line-Hatch-Blue-Press

Edited by Assimilator
  • Like 1

Been awhile since I posted, but after having B&O since late July, I would not do again.  I listen to rap/rock, everything else and in that order.(Old school rap..haha)  The system has no emphasizes on low end.  I have put different kinds of music and what it enhances more to me, appears to be from 80hz on up.  Anything below that, it sounds like 6'' - 6 1/2'' woofer.  Stuffing a 10'' woofer back there and only sounding like small speaker for the low end bass, messes up the experience for me.  I turned the mid-bass half way and moved the bass all the up and just can not get the low end to pick up.  I played same song in my 2008 F250 stock system with a 8'' crap woofer and it has more low end response.  Now, everything besides the low end, actually sounds great, so no gripe there.  Seems they put more emphasizes on that part of spectrum and somewhat left out the low end side.  I might work on that part at a later date.   Yea, I know, what did I really expect for factory system!!!  1st new car I actually bought that I upgraded the audio.  Cars I have bought in past, I end up putting aftermarket system in it.  Probably would I should of done, but would of/could of, and didn't.  Oh well

Edited by ElRafa

• 1 month later...

I ordered the B&O for my 19 (currently somewhere in the production queue) based mostly on being disappointed with stock systems in my cars in the past.  My wife didn't care one way or the other, although I took a fair amount of grief when she saw a picture of the trunk of one with it ("Is that a speaker?  That big??  Why do you need that??? ).  Be interesting to see how it shakes out in the end.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tbone said:

Tell her it’s because bass makes the music?

I love bass, and I listen to all types of music.

Well, she already comments that she can hear me coming down the street some days if the house's windows are open.  I think my best move may be not poking that particular beehive.

53 minutes ago, Zooks527 said:

I took a fair amount of grief when she saw a picture of the trunk of one with it ("Is that a speaker?  That big??  Why do you need that??? ). 

Why are wives so against good sound and video?   I had to beg and plead just to put 2 small bookshelf speakers on either side of the fireplace to go with the flat screen above the fireplace.  No center channel or sub allowed.

I have a large PSB system and a 82 inch tv in the man cave.  She would rather watch a movie (any movie) on her 43 inch tv with tv speakers.   I just don't get it.

23 minutes ago, akirby said:

Why are wives so against good sound and video?   I had to beg and plead just to put 2 small bookshelf speakers on either side of the fireplace to go with the flat screen above the fireplace.  No center channel or sub allowed.

I have a large PSB system and a 82 inch tv in the man cave.  She would rather watch a movie (any movie) on her 43 inch tv with tv speakers.   I just don't get it.

I was in exactly this place for several years.  Then, about 3 years ago when she was unable to think of something to get me for Christmas, she gave me a nice surround setup (5 satellite speakers and a sub), which apparently only came off because she found a set in white.

She didn't see the point of all the speakers until the first time we watched a movie together with the system on.  Someone knocked at the door in the movie and my wife turned to look over her shoulder at our door and asked "Who's coming to the front door at this time of night?".  She still gets weirded out from time to time when something unexpected happens off screen and she thinks it's someplace in our house.

Edited by Zooks527

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I must have married well then. My wife hates things that sound bad almost as much as I do. And FFS turn the bass up she says. I'm a trained audio engineer so I usually have it pretty well mixed too.