Hackett's 16 BEV and Farley's "white space" vehicles

You must have missed it. All future platforms are being engineered with electrification in mind. That means more attention paid to packaging rather than cramming a battery into the trunk and calling it a day.

Exactly.

New C2 has room for batteries under the floor, something C1 never had.

In other news, Ford to combine all popular vehicles ito one platform, the RapStang

31687355_240980246639432_506706701697679

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2

I'm sure this is already common knowledge, but the 2019 paint code/chip literature arrived at our dealership yesterday. It lists the colors that will be available on the 2019 Escape and Escape Hybrid. Looks like we know what's coming first to the updated sales mix, but how soon in '19?

post-58024-0-80074500-1525443315_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I don't know if it's just that you never see them or if the designs are oriented toward crew cabs, but trucks look so odd in regular cab form these days.

I've said before, but my dad would've ordered a Lightning over a Raptor if it were offered.

Edited by rmc523

I don't know if it's just that you never see them or if the designs are oriented toward crew cabs, but trucks look so odd in regular cab form these days.

I mentioned that one time because I think the 73-79 F100s look great as a reg cab short bed and look goofy with a crew cab while the newer trucks are just the opposite. Someone said that it has to do with rake of the windshield and the cab proportions.

I'm sure this is already common knowledge, but the 2019 paint code/chip literature arrived at our dealership yesterday. It lists the colors that will be available on the 2019 Escape and Escape Hybrid. Looks like we know what's coming first to the updated sales mix, but how soon in '19?

In the 2019 Fleet preview doc the current Escape is listed as a 2019, so this must be tagged a 2020 when it arrives...just so odd it’s listed there! Maybe it’s an error, too soon?!

I mentioned that one time because I think the 73-79 F100s look great as a reg cab short bed and look goofy with a crew cab while the newer trucks are just the opposite. Someone said that it has to do with rake of the windshield and the cab proportions.

I believe it.

Maybe they're making the current Escape a hybrid for 2019. The drivetrain is certainly available now that they've killed C-Max.

I doubt it.

Maybe they're making the current Escape a hybrid for 2019. The drivetrain is certainly available now that they've killed C-Max.

That could be one possibility. Wouldn't be the first time they done an Escape Hybrid before so it could be possible for 2019 as a way to promote the upcoming 2020 Escape + Hybrid.

That... would be a very big surprise. Moving all the hybrid assembly tooling and supply chain from MAP to Louisville? Engineering a new trunk for Escape? Pass NHTSA crash tests and EPA and CARB certification with less than 12 month of sales pending until a new Escape arrives in 2020?

BZ, in which markets do you think they would sell this list ( I removed the TBD portion of the list)? What would the range be?

If Ford can't make a go in the U.S. with the current (compromised packaging and range) Focus EV, why would Ford think a whole range of (compromised packaging and range) EV products would fare any better? Perhaps the Chinese market is more welcoming of lower mile range models due to shorter commutes/less usage?

I'm guessing the C2 EVs will be sold primarily in China. And E1s will be sold worldwide (including China) as premium vehicles.

Europe and US are getting the 48V hybrid C2s. Maybe China too.

And CD6 will be PHEV.

That... would be a very big surprise. Moving all the hybrid assembly tooling and supply chain from MAP to Louisville? Engineering a new trunk for Escape? Pass NHTSA crash tests and EPA and CARB certification with less than 12 month of sales pending until a new Escape arrives in 2020?

It's going to be moving to Louisville at some point anyway. I just think if we were getting a new Escape for 2019 we would have already heard about it/seen it. So if it's really a 2019 it would almost have to be the current model.

It could also just be a typo on the color chart. :)