Global Window down Troubleshooting

In the past couple weeks I've found my SHO with its front windows and sunroof down/open when I left for work in the morning-when the windows where up and sunroof was closed the day before. Its happened twice in the past three weeks.

I had to watch the video on Ford owner to see how it was done-so short of my cats stepping and holding the unlock button down for 3 seconds (highly unlikely)-how can this happen if the keys are just sitting on my counter top 20-30 feet away from where the car is parked?

Usually water intrusion in the remote or, as mentioned, the button could have accidentally been pressed. About 90% of the time, you can open the back of the remote and see the evidence of water though.

What he said. Only other time I saw issues was when ford put switches internal to the latch or on back of door cylinder so when the door key was turned it would activate the global open. With that system water could get into those switches and activate it. As a matter of fact the 05 Mustang had it. It was problematic for that reason and a SSM was sent out to disable it. Just a little fun fact. Of course I dont believe ford does that on any of its vehicles Im aware of anymore.