• Custom Search

HofstraJet

Deep Sleep Mode?

post-24801-0-61054400-1525138849_thumb.png

Got this message on my phone the other night that vehicle went into deep sleep mode (had just driven home a few hours before). Haven't driven it since. Just went out and it looks like a dead battery.

AAA is on the way. Will report back.

No mention of this deep sleep mode anywhere in the manual and Lincoln Concierge was useless in providing more details.

Don't recall leaving anything on or plugged in, but obviously something was.

Edited by HofstraJet

So it was a dead battery. AAA jumped it and the car started right up once it got sufficient charge.

Once I shut it down and locked up, the interior cabin lights were on, so that was the drain.

I thought they automatically shut off after 10 minutes. Will note to dealer on next service to check that mechanism.

hrmm with the huge battery in the truck (to support all the start stops) you would think a few small lights could stay on overnight without fully draining the battery. If it was LED lights they could run for days (or weeks even) sure it was just the lights?

That was all I noticed was on. There was nothing plugged in to the outlet or cigarette lighters. Headlights were on auto as always. Dashcam turns off with engine. Was very odd.

Very strange. I have had the same message once before when I had my vehicle at the detailer for a few days, he treated the leather and carpets and left all the doors open so it could dry and air out over night. It did not cause a dead battery, I guess leaving the map light on is different than keeping the doors open.

It’s cumulative. These new vehicles have a lot of things that drain the battery over time. There could be some other problem causing a drain.

It’s a good idea to get a Solar BA7 tester and keep track of your battery status. I also use a Ctek charger/conditioner occasionally.

For the record, checked my dashcam recording and the time of the deep sleep message and it was abut 17.5 hours that vehicle was left with interior lights on (not just one map light - all of the interior cabin lights) that triggered deep sleep. Not sure how long after that the battery was dead.I didn't go to the vehicle for another 24 hours after deep sleep mode started.

And FYI - was reading in manual that many systems rely on battery backup so when a battery dies or is disconnected, they need some driving to reset. I haven't driven anywhere yet, but I guess they will reset on my next trip.

Hardwired to fuse box (forgot which one). Controlled by engine so wouldn't stay on after vehicle is turned off. Same with radar detector.

Any chance the radar detector and/or dash cam are actually still pulling power? I'm just looking for things in addition to the interior lights. It would be surprising for the interior lights to not be mostly LED these days, which should be able to run a long time without significant battery drain.

To bring closure to this thread, since the jump start, everything has been running normally. Guess the lights were the drain.

Also, this incident fixed a problem I was having with my audio tone control settings not being remembered whenever I would turn the radio on or off, even if engine stayed on (tone controls always returned to flat).

Now, the tone control settings remain. Weird that this fixed that issue as I tried a master reset before to no avail. That's my silver lining I guess.

Sometimes with all the electronic gadgets removing the power and resetting everything cures weird issues. Basically a reboot