2018 Order Help

JBWoody

Sorry folks if my first post read a little short. I was pressed for time and was looking to get this posted quickly before I had to walk away. I inadvertently hijacked another thread and posted a request for order help about a month ago (give or take) and someone (sorry, don't remember who) gave me a scheduled build date of 5/14 and suggested I check back as we got closer to 5/14 to see if there was any kind of update.

Ordered a 2018 GT Convertible, 401a on 3/5. Initial COTUS estimated delivery date was 6/16, then changed to 6/9. Dealer doesn't seem willing to doing anything other than look at COTUS (I can do that) so hoping someone here can tell me if anything has changed (it was suggested that the folks at the Flat Rock plant are working overtime and that the build date might be pulled some to the left). Reading through some of the other posts, I fear that my order may be cancelled, forcing me to reorder a 2019. Not that that would be all bad...just longer to wait.

At any rate, information is below. I appreciate any and all assistance.

Order No: C999

Dealer No: F52520

VIN: 1FATP8FF0J5172140

Ordered 3/5; latest estimated delivery date 6/9

Thanks in advance!

Edited by JBWoody

Sorry folks if my first post read a little short. I was pressed for time and was looking to get this posted quickly before I had to walk away. I inadvertently hijacked another thread and posted a request for order help about a month ago (give or take) and someone (sorry, don't remember who) gave me a scheduled build date of 5/14 and suggested I check back as we got closer to 5/14 to see if there was any kind of update.

Ordered a 2018 GT Convertible, 401a on 3/5. Initial COTUS estimated delivery date was 6/16, then changed to 6/9. Dealer doesn't seem willing to doing anything other than look at COTUS (I can do that) so hoping someone here can tell me if anything has changed (it was suggested that the folks at the Flat Rock plant are working overtime and that the build date might be pulled some to the left). Reading through some of the other posts, I fear that my order may be cancelled, forcing me to reorder a 2019. Not that that would be all bad...just longer to wait.

At any rate, information is below. I appreciate any and all assistance.

Order No: C999

Dealer No: F52520

VIN: 1FATP8FF0J5172140

Ordered 3/5; latest estimated delivery date 6/9

Thanks in advance!

If you have a VIN, it will be built. I ordered 3/7 and my build date was scheduled for 5/10 with an EDD of 5/29. I just got the notice today that it moved to in production. As best as I have pieced it together, the notice that it's moving into production is usually about a week before the actual build date (it should only take a day or two for actual production). Mine is showing a window sticker link, but it currently doesn't work. I expect that I might be able to see the sticker tomorrow. So, hang in there. With a build date of 5/14, I'd expect you may move to in production status by 5/7 or so.

If you have a VIN, it will be built. I ordered 3/7 and my build date was scheduled for 5/10 with an EDD of 5/29. I just got the notice today that it moved to in production. As best as I have pieced it together, the notice that it's moving into production is usually about a week before the actual build date (it should only take a day or two for actual production). Mine is showing a window sticker link, but it currently doesn't work. I expect that I might be able to see the sticker tomorrow. So, hang in there. With a build date of 5/14, I'd expect you may move to in production status by 5/7 or so.

Thanks for the reply and encouragement. My first Mustang and aside from a car I ordered through AAFES overseas military sales about 12 years ago, the only one I've ever ordered. I'm just a little​ anxious to get it. Assuming the EDD on COTUS is accurate the next 36 days are going to drag by...much like the last 59 days have. Again, I appreciate the encouragement.

I feel alternately like a kid in a candy store and a kid anxiously and impatiently awaiting Christmas morning...I checked COTUS (I know it's unreliable) earlier today and the status still showed "In Order Processing". I checked again just a few minutes ago and the status was updated to "In Production". The EDD hasn't changed from 6/9 and it sat In Order Processing since 3/5, but just seeing the status update to something different has made me all giddy. I'm not counting the hours just yet but each morning I loudly announce to my co-workers how many days remain (31 according to COTUS). I can (almost) see the light at the end of the tunnel...I just hope it's not a train.

I feel alternately like a kid in a candy store and a kid anxiously and impatiently awaiting Christmas morning...I checked COTUS (I know it's unreliable) earlier today and the status still showed "In Order Processing". I checked again just a few minutes ago and the status was updated to "In Production". The EDD hasn't changed from 6/9 and it sat In Order Processing since 3/5, but just seeing the status update to something different has made me all giddy. I'm not counting the hours just yet but each morning I loudly announce to my co-workers how many days remain (31 according to COTUS). I can (almost) see the light at the end of the tunnel...I just hope it's not a train.

It's scheduled to be built on the 16th. The order has only been sent to the plant for production.

ETA June 3-9

• Like 1

See, I told you so. You should probably get a window sticker today or tomorrow at the latest.

Edited by Lightning Bolt

See, I told you so. You should probably get a window sticker today or tomorrow at the latest.

Yes, you did, and I never doubted you for a second ;). Checked first thing this morning and the Window Sticker is there. Now I just have to somehow survive the next 3-4 weeks and all will be right with the world.

• Like 1

Can someone with knowledge of the production provide an official update for following 2018 Mustang. Ordered on 2/19/18. Cotus is representing 6/15/18 delivery date. It's been a LONG wait:(

1FA6P8CF7J5178146

Thanks In Advance...

• 3 weeks later...

IT'S FINALLY HERE!!! After 12 1/2 weeks, I took delivery of my 2018 GT Convertible last Wednesday and as many of you said, it was worth the wait. I have barely been able to keep myself out of the car. It's a beautiful car and an absolute pleasure to drive. No buyer's remorse here and I look forward to many years of enjoyment. I opted for the 10-speed auto, the black accent package, and the 401a interior. Most importantly (almost), my wife likes the car, too. To say I'm happy is an understatement.

post-58361-0-52712100-1528160220_thumb.jpgpost-58361-0-19294700-1528160199_thumb.jpg