Custom Search

2019 Lincoln Aviator Introduced Here !

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sound system - panel rattle?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   LHB

LHB

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Joined 03-March 18
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Lincoln Navigator Black Label

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:53 PM

I haven't taken delivery of my 2018 Navigator yet, but I do have a 2013 Expedition with retractable steps and I'm assuming they are pretty much the same mechanism.  They have never failed to work, and they have definitely gotten a workout over the years.  They really are pretty durable.

We've had the retractable steps on 2007 Navigator and a 2015 F-150, before our 2018 Navigator .... no problem, great convenience.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   Seijirou

Seijirou

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 02-May 18
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Navigator

Posted 07 May 2018 - 11:21 AM

I'm with you and don't feel like I have unrealistic expectations here. I was in high school in the bass heavy 90s and outfitted several cars with stereo, subs, sound deadening, etc.  That's why I was using the Jeep SRT as a reference as these vehicles are of similar build quality with similar sound systems.  The tracks that produce the rattles are bass heavy, admittedly.  I've got the worst of the rattle / buzz narrowed down to the passenger side door speaker and it actually sounds like it could be blown, but that would surprise me. If anyone is interested, the intro to The Weeknd's song Starboy is a track that produces a significant amount of the rattle / buzz. Volume 10-12 and it's really noticeable.  I know it's loud :)

Okay well that puts it in a different light.  There shouldn't be buzzing at 10-12.  I get some buzz with a heavy bass track at volumes over 25 but that's really shaking the whole vehicle quite a bit so of course there's going to be some buzz.

#23 OFFLINE   Dave_SF

Dave_SF

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Joined 08-May 18
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Lincoln Navigator

Posted 09 May 2018 - 12:21 AM

My problem with the revel audio is the opposite. We need more low volume steps. For typical inputs, 4 is too quiet, and 5 is too loud to hold a conversation over. I doubt we'll ever go above 7 or 8.

My list of howto make the 2018 Navigator even more outstanding, mostly with software fixes. 

HkfDgyP.jpg

2018 Lincoln Navigator Reserve, white/black, tech, seats, audio, 2nd row pass-thru. (pics on instagram)

#24 OFFLINE   Breedy00

Breedy00

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 17-March 18
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2016 GMC 2500 Sierra Duramax, 2017 Nissan GT-R, 2018 Navigator L

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:01 PM

Update. I now have a piece of the chrome trim on the rear passenger door coming off. So I have them looking at the speaker,mirror gremlin and now the chrome trim piece. Another HUGE bummer is I got a rock chip in the windshield last weekend. Totally sucks and it's kinda in my field of view too.

Anyway,jump on the Lincoln Way app yesterday and made the pick up appointment. Super easy to do. Made the appointment for Friday at 11:00 a.m. So,I get a call this morning that the dealer can't come any earlier than next Tuesday. So it looks like the Lincoln Way app scheduling isn't linked to the actual dealer's calendar.

#25 OFFLINE   HofstraJet

HofstraJet

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 175 posts
  • Joined 22-October 06
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Navigator Reserve

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:08 PM

Update. I now have a piece of the chrome trim on the rear passenger door coming off. So I have them looking at the speaker,mirror gremlin and now the chrome trim piece. Another HUGE bummer is I got a rock chip in the windshield last weekend. Totally sucks and it's kinda in my field of view too.

Anyway,jump on the Lincoln Way app yesterday and made the pick up appointment. Super easy to do. Made the appointment for Friday at 11:00 a.m. So,I get a call this morning that the dealer can't come any earlier than next Tuesday. So it looks like the Lincoln Way app scheduling isn't linked to the actual dealer's calendar.

Shocking!   :swear:

I hate the Ford service appointment booking on the website. Too many times I get a call from the dealership saying they are too busy and that the website just sends a request to the dealer but doesn't actually make the appt. Well, then the site should say that! :banghead:

Edited by HofstraJet, 09 May 2018 - 04:10 PM.

#26 OFFLINE   Breedy00

Breedy00

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 17-March 18
  • Current Vehicle:2016 GMC 2500 Sierra Duramax, 2017 Nissan GT-R, 2018 Navigator L

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:16 PM

Another update. Had a custom car stereo installer friend of mine evaluate the radio. Not blown and nothing wrong. The song I mentioned Starboy has something in it that makes the tweeter buzz, but doesn't on other songs so all is good. Again, this is at high volume 18-20+. I know I said 12 before but I realized it's really higher. So now Navi getting picked up for door trim and mirror gremlin. The mirror issue is that when I press my memory button from my wife's settings, the driver side mirror doesn't know what to do. It just adjusts up or out, hits the stops and pops continously. The only way to make it stop is to adjust the mirror manually and then goes to its memory position. Anyone else?

Edited by Breedy00, 14 May 2018 - 01:17 PM.

#27 OFFLINE   boredinbirmingham

boredinbirmingham

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 266 posts
  • Joined 06-August 17
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Navigator Reserve

Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:07 AM

Another update. Had a custom car stereo installer friend of mine evaluate the radio. Not blown and nothing wrong. The song I mentioned Starboy has something in it that makes the tweeter buzz, but doesn't on other songs so all is good. Again, this is at high volume 18-20+. I know I said 12 before but I realized it's really higher. So now Navi getting picked up for door trim and mirror gremlin. The mirror issue is that when I press my memory button from my wife's settings, the driver side mirror doesn't know what to do. It just adjusts up or out, hits the stops and pops continously. The only way to make it stop is to adjust the mirror manually and then goes to its memory position. Anyone else?

The popping mirror thing is happening on mine and also Expeditions. Mine is the passenger mirror and I havent nailed down its pattern. Not sure what the issue is with it.
  • Breedy00 likes this

#28 OFFLINE   Breedy00

Breedy00

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 17-March 18

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:26 AM

Lincoln Concierge picked up the Navigator yesterday.  He was a contractor working for the dealership.  Got a MKZ that reeks of smoke.  The American luxury brands just don't hold a candle to MB, BMW, Audi, Lexus, Ranger Rover etc. for customer experience.  Back in the day I dropped my CTS-V Wagon off at the dealership and got an broke down Impala with about 50,000 miles. That would NEVER happen at BMW dropping of an M3....

#29 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

fordmantpw's alter ego

• 29,387 posts
  • Joined 18-April 06
  • Current Vehicle:2018 F150 Supercab XLT Magnetic Grey 3.5LEB

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:26 AM

I’ve seen MB stores give out Toyota Camry loaners.....

2018 F150 Supercab XLT Sport (Magnetic) - 3.5LEB
2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve (Luxe/Cappucino)

#30 OFFLINE   Seijirou

Seijirou

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 02-May 18
  • Current Vehicle:Navigator

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:39 AM

The popping mirror thing is happening on mine and also Expeditions. Mine is the passenger mirror and I havent nailed down its pattern. Not sure what the issue is with it.

Yes I've seen this on both the passenger and driver sides.  I found that if you fold the mirrors in and out that seems to "resolve" it.  I am using the option for the mirrors to fold when locking the car.  This does not happen often, it's only happened twice in total, once on each side.  

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service | DMCA ·