Sound system - panel rattle?

Breedy00

Another update. Had a custom car stereo installer friend of mine evaluate the radio. Not blown and nothing wrong. The song I mentioned Starboy has something in it that makes the tweeter buzz, but doesn't on other songs so all is good. Again, this is at high volume 18-20+. I know I said 12 before but I realized it's really higher. So now Navi getting picked up for door trim and mirror gremlin. The mirror issue is that when I press my memory button from my wife's settings, the driver side mirror doesn't know what to do. It just adjusts up or out, hits the stops and pops continously. The only way to make it stop is to adjust the mirror manually and then goes to its memory position. Anyone else?

Edited by Breedy00

Another update. Had a custom car stereo installer friend of mine evaluate the radio. Not blown and nothing wrong. The song I mentioned Starboy has something in it that makes the tweeter buzz, but doesn't on other songs so all is good. Again, this is at high volume 18-20+. I know I said 12 before but I realized it's really higher. So now Navi getting picked up for door trim and mirror gremlin. The mirror issue is that when I press my memory button from my wife's settings, the driver side mirror doesn't know what to do. It just adjusts up or out, hits the stops and pops continously. The only way to make it stop is to adjust the mirror manually and then goes to its memory position. Anyone else?

The popping mirror thing is happening on mine and also Expeditions. Mine is the passenger mirror and I havent nailed down its pattern. Not sure what the issue is with it.
  • Like 1

Lincoln Concierge picked up the Navigator yesterday. He was a contractor working for the dealership. Got a MKZ that reeks of smoke. The American luxury brands just don't hold a candle to MB, BMW, Audi, Lexus, Ranger Rover etc. for customer experience. Back in the day I dropped my CTS-V Wagon off at the dealership and got an broke down Impala with about 50,000 miles. That would NEVER happen at BMW dropping of an M3....

The popping mirror thing is happening on mine and also Expeditions. Mine is the passenger mirror and I havent nailed down its pattern. Not sure what the issue is with it.

Yes I've seen this on both the passenger and driver sides. I found that if you fold the mirrors in and out that seems to "resolve" it. I am using the option for the mirrors to fold when locking the car. This does not happen often, it's only happened twice in total, once on each side.