ahhh sweet bliss

slumlord

Got me an OBDII scan tool and used FORScan to permanently turn off the annoying auto stop/start. Also turned off the even more annoying double horn honk when the truck is running and you get out of the truck with keys in your pocket and I unlocked the navigation features when truck is in motion. A lot of other cool things you can do but those 3 alone made it all worth it.

I also did this one to prevent that or my kids getting it into gear if I have it warming up (or cooling off) :

Secure Idle enable BCM 726-42-01 x1xx xxxx xxxx if engine is running but fob is away from vehicle, vehicle cannot be put into any gear

Got me an OBDII scan tool and used FORScan to permanently turn off the annoying auto stop/start. Also turned off the even more annoying double horn honk when the truck is running and you get out of the truck with keys in your pocket and I unlocked the navigation features when truck is in motion. A lot of other cool things you can do but those 3 alone made it all worth it.

One of the module lists I have says unlocking the nav could cause you to lose Sirius travel link, enhanced 911, and vehicle health report (APIM 7D0-02-01 module). Has this been the case for you? Is this the same module you changed?

I just made changes to mine yesterday and bought the scan tool specifically to disable auto start/stop but ended up keeping it incase I find my self in traffic or in a drive through. Im so used to disabling it now its not a nuisance to me anymore. I disabled the double honk and seatbelt warning. Reading Akirbys response I may enable the secure idle. I wish I could make the thing that displays the volume from popping up every adjustment and possibly the text message notification as well.

I may ask down at my Lincoln store if they can disable the "double honk" feature....it is annoying as hell...

They can’t. You can only do it with Forscan.

I just don’t understand why this is such an issue. Just don’t close the door all the way and it won’t honk at all. Or turn it off.

I got this ELM327 USB adapter. Others clones can work but this was listed as 100% compatable and for a few extra bucks and less headache I just got it.

http://elm-327.eu/elm_usbhsms

Then get FORScan here : http://forscan.org/download.html(its free for PC but costs a few bucks if you want it on your phone instead) Also you would need a WIFI or BLUETOOTH OBDII adapter not a USB one that I listed.

Sign up at the forscan forum (free) takes around 12-24 hours to get approved http://forscan.org/forum/

Then you have to register forscan extended license (also free) http://forscan.org/forum/extlic.php

Video here
And some codes you can do and the different modules.
Aways backup first so you have the Original off all modules you modify. This way can easily go back to "stock" and also backup once you make all your changes so you can easily go back to fully modded (say if you bring it to the dealer for something and don't want them to see the changes you made.
Here is a video to show how to backup
It was very easy to do and it made the truck so much better. Would be nice if they just had these settings in a menu in the truck that was easy to change but this code reader and free app work just as well. Plus the app can read and clear trouble codes and more so it has other uses if you want.

HAVE FUN!

• Like 1

I also added the seat cooling/heater and steering wheel heat controls to the sync 3 home screen. Not that big a deal as the seat buttons were actual buttons but it is nice to have it on the home screen and it didn't take up any space really not sure why they didn't have that by default.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried re-enabling the auto start-stop? I was able to turn it off, but it doesn't appear to re-enable after restoring the settings. I only made the change to the BdyCM on 726-48-02 to the 2nd position from a 1 to a 0 to disable, then back to a 1 to re-enable. I also tried simply loading the entire backup.

I have not but I will try that in the next day or so. Just remember once it is enabled there are some rules that must be. Truck has to be warmed up and reach a certain speed and some other stuff before the auto shutdown works. Have you left it enabled and done a long test to verify?

Looks like the weather is trolling me. It was just barely not hot enough outside for it to work, then I disabled it and verified it was disabled, and when I enabled it again it was hot enough outside to keep the system from engaging. Anyway, it does work again. Thanks!

I wish I could make the thing that displays the volume from popping up every adjustment and possibly the text message notification as well.

Yes please. The full-screen adjustment popups are super annoying. The profile welcome banner is also super annoying, as it doesn't auto-dismiss, so it has to be dismissed every darn time i enter the car.

This is my long list of Navigator nitpicks, most of which could be fixed with software.

Edited by Dave_SF

It doesn’t depend on external temperature - he was referring to the engine being up to temperature.

It does actually, one of the bullets from the owner's manual on the requirements for it to engage.

• Ambient temperature is moderate

I haven't found great information on what constitutes "moderate" but the upper limit is somewhere in the 90's.

I agree with most of your list Dave. Overall still a great truck though :)

Agreed 110%. New Navigator is an outstanding car.

My biggest annoyance is having to dismiss the profile welcome banner every time. I may just stop using the profiles feature entirely.

It does actually, one of the bullets from the owner's manual on the requirements for it to engage.

• Ambient temperature is moderate
I haven't found great information on what constitutes "moderate" but the upper limit is somewhere in the 90's.

Interesting.

Quote “

My biggest annoyance is having to dismiss the profile welcome banner every time. I may just stop using the profiles feature entirely. ” This is mine as well, I called them a while back and they said live with it. The other one is “Sync is searching for data"..............

Sync is searching for data"..............

Thats my biggest (and only actually) bitch with Sync 3 so far is every time I plug my phone in it feels the need to re-index my entire music library. The Sync 2 system (minus the My Ford Touch) in my old Focus did the same thing but at least Sync 3 doesnt hijack the whole system and start playing everything in alphabetical order and starts where it last left off.

Maybe its just the CarPlay aspect that does that, Im not sure. I havent had much of a chance to play around with it since I got the car 5 days ago.

Thats my biggest (and only actually) bitch with Sync 3 so far is every time I plug my phone in it feels the need to re-index my entire music library. The Sync 2 system (minus the My Ford Touch) in my old Focus did the same thing but at least Sync 3 doesnt hijack the whole system and start playing everything in alphabetical order and starts where it last left off.

Maybe its just the CarPlay aspect that does that, Im not sure. I havent had much of a chance to play around with it since I got the car 5 days ago.

I think that's Apple's iOS Media Sharing, not CarPlay (display projection). I fiddled with my wife's iphone a little, and I wasn't able to find a way to turn off SYNCs indexing of shared media. However, she doesn't have the problem you have, because she uses streaming apps (spotify and apple music).

I've never seen this problem on Android, as you can separately control whether Android allows USB Mass Storage (media) access, or Android-Auto. My USB permissions are set to "charge only".

Edited by Dave_SF

Eventually I want to get a USB stick for that car that has my entire library on it like I have in my car but thats not going to happen until Im off unemployment for good. Shes content using pandora on her phone anyway and its mostly her car anyway so theres no rush.