Kenseth To Replace Bayne At Kansas Race

bdegrand

NASCAR has cut the size of the restrictor plates used for Sundays race at Talladega after high speeds during Fridays practice sessions and Jamie McMurrays crash.

McMurrays car went airborne and flipped over multiple times after he cut a tire on the backstretch during Fridays second practice session. His car had begun to catch air before it was catapulted higher by Ryan Newmans car.

The restrictor plates will be cut from 7/8ths of an inch to 55/64ths of an inch. The reduction will lead to a loss of horsepower and slow the cars down. Speeds were reaching over 200 MPH in the draft during Fridays practice sessions.

When will Nascar take my advice and put a chicane on the back straightaway of both Talladega and Daytona.

Remove the restrictor plates and go racing.

When you bunch all these competitors together, you're going to get these "big ones" .

NASCAR will accomplish nothing by reducing the plate size....It's only going to group them even closer. More "big ones!"

By the way, it was the tire that started the wreck...and by slowing the cars down a couple MPH....that won't prevent the same thing from happening! Crazy!

Edited by bdegrand

When will Nascar take my advice and put a chicane on the back straightaway of both Talladega and Daytona.

Remove the restrictor plates and go racing.

Daytona already has one for the road course. Not sure about Talladega. But why stop there - why not just use the road course like EVERY OTHER RACING SERIES?

Daytona already has one for the road course. Not sure about Talladega. But why stop there - why not just use the road course like EVERY OTHER RACING SERIES?

They are doing exactly that at Charlotte's next race. If it works out well there maybe they will actually do the same at Daytona and Talladega. Fingers crossed.

Back to Kenseth...I thought he was going to share the ride with Bayne, not replace him? Anyway, one of my all-time favorite Roush drivers is back where he belongs...in a Ford. Also good to see that Jack could swallow his pride long enough to do the right thing. BTW, is Robbie Reiser still with Roush? Last I heard he lost his job as general manager but he was still with the team.