Retirement

cecilmeyer

Welp.... CAP and retooling? At this time the so called retooling is scheduled for "one" month in 2019. There will be a run on hiring at CAP from the middle of this year thru the end of the year. CAP needs all kinds of trades members also.

So any retirement packages are not really looking good at CAP.

I just got my new benefit book. Am I reading this right? My pension benefit is reduced if I retire before 62, regardless of how many years I have?

Only if you have less than 30 years. If you have 30 it does not matter what age you are. You get a supplement till you turn 62 after that the supplement drops off when you can collect social security.

Welp.... CAP and retooling? At this time the so called retooling is scheduled for "one" month in 2019. There will be a run on hiring at CAP from the middle of this year thru the end of the year. CAP needs all kinds of trades members also.

So any retirement packages are not really looking good at CAP.

Thanks for the bad news!! Many other plants are getting them so I thought maybe CAP might .Ill just have to wait it out.

Thanks, I thought the poster was trying to say that new offers had surfaced.

Maybe at some other point this year but I dont think it will be offered at any plants other than what I mentioned. Since they worked out the shift reduction at MAP, nobody is operating on a surplus of workers right now. Theyre trying to get the older higher paid people out of places like Woodhaven and Rawsonville to make way for more lower wage tier 2 workers.