Saying hello

FunktasticLucky

Hello everyone,

I have lurked here for many years on and off and just recently started posting. I just recently starting looking into buying a new car (couple years ago) and started saving my monies. I almost bought a fusion sport last year after a test drive and a dealer offering me one for 34k out the door. Was fully loaded with the single moon roof. I almost took it but I told him I have to think about it and I'd call him back. I thought about how much I did NOT care for the stereo in the car and that the responsiveness of the engine didn't feel right. I love music and sony system in the fusion just was NOT very good imho. I'm 33 and I'm not into overpowering boomy bass and if you tried to tune the bass down a bit it went from over powering and boomy to non existent. Then someone suggested I go check out the new Lincoln MKZ with the Revel Audio in it. The moment I sat down in one I knew I had made a HUGE mistake and had to have one. Not to mention it was a 3.0 Twin Turbo with the ability to get the Focus RS drivetrain in it. I was sold. So I saved my pennies a bit longer and saved up for a 25k dollar down payment and went down the Lincoln dealer. I placed my Order for a Black Label Chalet with everything except the panoramic moon roof on the 3rd and 2 weeks later when emailing for updates I have a VIN assigned. So excited to have a brand new car and not only a new one but an extremely nice one. Hopefully it won't be too much longer to get an allocation to be built and to get it delivered. Now to sell my 1989 Bronco, 1990 Cadillac and my 1996 Thunderbird to make room for her in teh Garage and Driveway. Just gonna be the 1996 Bronco and the Lincoln.

Anyways just wanted to say hey and give some more posts here in the MKZ forums. It's a little quiet in these parts of blue oval and I just wanted to bring some activity. Hope all is well with everyone. Take care.

Like you, I almost bought a Fusion Sport before deciding on the MKZ. If there was a better sound system in the Sport, and decent leather seats available, things may have played out differently. But I'm extremely happy that I was not satisfied with the Sport, not bashing it by any means though. Hope your wait isn't too much longer, it's a pleasure to drive one.

What color is your expected Black Label?

I went with the only color for a Lincoln. Black LOL. I have a sweet spot for black cars and so I went with a Black Chalet. Already have a Auto Detailer set up to ceramic coat the paint and coat the entire interior of the vehicle to ensure the seats don't soak up the dyes from my uniform or my blue jeans. I hope I don't have to wait too long. Everyone said it would be like 8-12 weeks from order to delivery. I hope I'm on the 8 weeks end of that LOL. The sales manager and my salesman seemed incredibly surprised that I got an allocation so quickly. I told them it's most likely because black is a very popular choice especially when it comes to fleet vehicles. So it's pretty quick to batch those guys up and build them. So they said they would check weekly for an update for a possible build estimate. I hope I get it before my birthday on the 3rd but really the big one being my cross country trip from Nebraska to NC and then down to Florida. Hopefully teh Gods will shine their blessing upon me and deliver it sooner rather than later.

Has nothing to do with color - your dealer had allocation, your vehicle was buildable (no material holds) and yours was the lowest order priority from that dealer.

Wife has had light colored leather seats (stone/ceramic) in her last 4 vehicles. I had it on my 2006 Fusion. I’ve never seen a staining problem.

Just out of curiosity. I'm wondering if you all might know if once you have a VIN if you can change the order. I was thinking about doing the panoramic moon roof but I'm assuming it's too late since that's a different body and obviously a commodity.

According to the dealer it's scheduled (all of a sudden once I called them to ask about a panoramic moon roof today. As it was not scheduled last week and concierge say it's in processing still I'm not too confident my dealer is actually telling the truth. I mean if they don't want to change it just say so. Or explain that it's already allocated or something. But don't give me some BS about it being scheduled but then you can't give me a build week or anything. Oh that shit pisses me off.

Edited by FunktasticLucky

Contact Lincoln Concierge, they may be able to get more information and help you make the change. I found them extremely helpful during my purchase experience. After my initial 'Chat', we communicated via Email back and forth.

Also, at the bottom of the Lincoln Concierge page, click on 'Get A Brochure'. Use the 'Get by Mail' option and click the '0-30 days' box. You should receive a brochure with your info on it with a $750 Private Offer on the inside page. About 4 days after receiving the Brochure, you'll receive an Email with an 11 digit code to use with the $750 offer. Don't request one too early though, there's a small window to use the offer, too early and it may expire before your MKZ arrives. I would request the brochure about 3 weeks before you expect the vehicle to arrive, it took about two week for it to arrive at my house.

Edited by fusionff
  • Like 1

Contact Lincoln Concierge, they may be able to get more information and help you make the change. I found them extremely helpful during my purchase experience. After my initial 'Chat', we communicated via Email back and forth.

Also, at the bottom of the Lincoln Concierge page, click on 'Get A Brochure'. Use the 'Get by Mail' option and click the '0-30 days' box. You should receive a brochure with your info on it with a $750 Private Offer on the inside page. About 4 days after receiving the Brochure, you'll receive an Email with an 11 digit code to use with the $750 offer. Don't request one too early though, there's a small window to use the offer, too early and it may expire before your MKZ arrives. I would request the brochure about 3 weeks before you expect the vehicle to arrive, it took about two week for it to arrive at my house.

So I contacted concierge yesterday and set up a case number and she's calling me every Friday to give me updates on the vehicle. She explained that it's really the Dealer's discretion if they want to allow me to change my order. Dealer was saying they couldn't change it and that it was showing scheduled. Concierge said it was in processing. I just find it strange that it wasn't scheduled this weekend when I stopped by to set up an appointment with the local auto detailing shop on Saturday but now it's magically scheduled on a Tuesday. Concierge says it's status is "in processing" so I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to have a little chat. I'm hoping they didn't lie to me because that's like my #1 pet peeve in this entire world. I can NOT stand being lied to. I can say that there is still no information in etis or the custom order tracker and Concierge says there is no window sticker generated. So.... I'm leaning towards they just wanted to get me off the phone.

As for the brochure tip. I appreciate it. I had requested a brochure yesterday by mail after seeing others getting the offer but I put 1-3 months since that's how much longer i figure I had until my car arrives. Hopefully I still get the offer as that would cover the 750 dollars I have to pay to get my four legged feline child's teeth pulled and cleaned and all the other jazz that will be done while he's taking a nap. We shall see. I'll update this thread when I go down to the dealer tomorrow to see what's going on and discuss getting prices for the auto detailing shop to do a partial wrap on the front end as well as the ceramic coating. Thx for all the great info on here though.

I guess I misunderstood the entire process. I thought it would only show scheduled once it has an actual build date assigned to it. But it could still be changed up until the time it actually gets scheduled

that is correct, but its still considered in order processing until the order begins production.

Ill put it this way, when I look up an order for someone it will show up as In order processing unscheduled-clean. Once its scheduled it shows up as In order processing scheduled to day (DD-MM-YYYY). I normally omit the In order processing part when giving people information because its kind of irrelevant and redundant.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

oh yeah. Well the Dealer is saying it's scheduled but could NOT give me any dates. That's all I was saying. Concierge just said it's up to the dealer if they want to allow it to be changed. I do have a VIN but no other info. Concierge is saying it's not scheduled yet and that they should be able to modify the order. Whether their system is letting them or not isn't the problem i really have. I have an issue if they told me it's scheduled to get me off the phone but it's not really scheduled.

After talking to Concierge I think they won't give me a date because it's not actually scheduled yet. But that could just be me not really trusting them. They say it's allocated to be built. We'll see what they have tomorrow when i go in.

Edit: Btw love the black cat. I have a Panther cub sitting in my lap right now curled up napping as we speak. Black Cats are the best. Except for taking pictures... that shit sucks.

Edited by FunktasticLucky