2018 order help

Bc160

First time poster in need of some help. A bit of the back ground... I ordered a new F350 with gas motor back in September. I originally received a build date of the first week in January. The dealer was then able to follow the truck to the point of shipping. The truck then showed it was back at the factory and was re-released and waiting for shipment. This waiting for shipment has shown since February and my delivery date keeps changing to the first week of every month up to the first week of May!! Of course it has not shipped yet so I'm certain it will not make that date either.

My dealer has been fantastic to deal with but cannot get ford to give them a straight answer. The last dialogue with the ford rep told them they were having difficult time getting shipments out, yet was way back in March. No news since then, my dealer so told the rrp they would fly out to the plant and pick it up. Of course ford denied that offer.

So my question is can any of you guys find out what's going on or give any suggestions on how to contact someone in the uppers of ford?

Thank you!!!

Edited by Bc160

If I read your message correctly... If the truck was actually released, shipped and was in transit, and then returned to the plant... that's not a shipping problem, especially with a vehicle that was built that long ago. I'll trust that your Dealer has been talking to their Ford Zone Manager who is trying to assist. The other person that your Dealer should be talking to is the Ford Regional Scheduler as they have access to people at the plant that can find out what the issue is. I'd suggest your opening a direct complaint with Ford which will get the issue even more attention.

A vehicle that was produced, released, shipped and returned to the plant has some issue, minor or otherwise, that caused Ford to have the vehicle returned to the plant. It doesn't happen often but sometimes Ford finds an issue that was missed and they bring back vehicles during the suspected production time period.

I had a Mustang GT produced for a retail customer a few years ago that didn't get released and shipped until about 6 weeks after it was produced. It was loaded onto a rail car and sent to the final rail ramp in RI. A few days later it was sent all the way back to the Flat Rock plant. A month or so later the car was re-released and shipped to the dealership. The customer got his car about 3 months after the original ETA. Ford wouldn't tell us anything at the time but I found out later that it was an issue with the engine coolant. Ford suspected but wasn't sure that the correct coolant was installed in the Mustang GT's produced over a certain period. They flushed all the coolant and re-installed coolant at the plant and then reshipped the suspected vehicles.

Hope this helps. There are other members here that actually work for Ford that may be able to help further.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. As far as I know the truck never was shipped, just went to the shipping yard, then returned to the factory. I guess the biggest problem is my dealer cannot get any responses from Ford zone manager. How would I go about opening a direct complaint with Ford? I surely would have thought Ford could have rebuilt and shipped the truck several times in the last 4 months

Thank you for the sticker I haven't been able to print it off anywhere. The dealer shows the truck was supposed to be shipped in January but obviously didn't

Now seems as nobody knows where the truck might be after waiting this long I'm getting closer to looking at a different brand.

Thanks for the info. As far as I know the truck never was shipped, just went to the shipping yard, then returned to the factory. I guess the biggest problem is my dealer cannot get any responses from Ford zone manager. How would I go about opening a direct complaint with Ford? I surely would have thought Ford could have rebuilt and shipped the truck several times in the last 4 month

Here's the link to the page on the Ford.com website with the contact information.

https://owner.ford.com/contact-us.html?gnav=header-owner

The phone number is 1-800-392-3673 (Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 8:00pm ET)

Thank you for the sticker I haven't been able to print it off anywhere. The dealer shows the truck was supposed to be shipped in January but obviously didn't

Now seems as nobody knows where the truck might be after waiting this long I'm getting closer to looking at a different brand.

I tried looking at Ford's Vehicle Visibility tracking site but it will only allow me to track or trace vehicles for my dealership. Perhaps someone else here that works for Ford with different access can take a look now that we have a VIN number (1FT8W3B60JEB51302) to work with.

It says it was re-released and awaiting shipment with an ETA of May 1-7

According to the log, it never actually left the plant. It was released and shipped to a body company (which if you ordered a spray on bedliner that's what that probably is) on January 13th. It was then released on Jan 22, brought back on Jan 27 and re-released that same day. It has been sitting there since Jan 27.

• Like 1

It says it was re-released and awaiting shipment with an ETA of May 1-7

According to the log, it never actually left the plant. It was released and shipped to a body company (which if you ordered a spray on bedliner that's what that probably is) on January 13th. It was then released on Jan 22, brought back on Jan 27 and re-released that same day. It has been sitting there since Jan 27.

Fuzzy, as always, you are a great contributor and resource for the BOF members here! Ford should be paying you for all you do to help!

Anyone here remember years ago when Ford tried to shut down this site?

• Like 1

Fuzzy, thank you!! Any idea as to why it would take so long to ship it? If it's supposed to arrive the first week in May it should already be loaded and on it's way. The same thing happened with a first week delivery in Feb, then again in March and April... so I'm pretty sure May will come and go and ford will just issue a new delivery date being the first week in June. I have pretty much convinced myself that the truck is lost and will never be found, hopefully I'm wrong. My dealer told his contact that he would personally fly to the plant and pick the truck up which Ford promptly said no to. Perhaps they have a policy against dealers picking the trucks up?

Thanks again everyone. This is the first truck I have ever ordered or for that matter my first new truck. What i thought was supposed to be a fun and exciting event has turned into a major pain!

Your experience is very unusual to say the least. Sometimes a vehicle might be delayed for an issue but that's almost always a temporary matter and resolved within a reasonable period of time. After all this time, even though your dealership is very small, I'm surprised that they didn't just reorder your vehicle long ago. Your dealership should be talking to upper management at the regional office about this issue, if they're not already. There's no reason after all this time for your vehicle to have been delayed so long without anyone being able to get answers.

Fuzzy, as always, you are a great contributor and resource for the BOF members here! Ford should be paying you for all you do to help!

Anyone here remember years ago when Ford tried to shut down this site?

IIRC that’s because it was soliciting and publishing leaked internal documents from employees. Not because of the normal discussion forum.

• Like 1

IIRC that’s because it was soliciting and publishing leaked internal documents from employees. Not because of the normal discussion forum.

Yes but also because much of the traffic (visitors) and contributions were coming from Ford Motor Company employees. Ford ended up withdrawing their lawsuit as a result.

Yes but also because much of the traffic (visitors) and contributions were coming from Ford Motor Company employees. Ford ended up withdrawing their lawsuit as a result.

That’s what I was referring to - internal leaks.

Robert worked that out with Ford and now has a good working relationship with Ford.

• Like 1

So I called the ford number today. The lady was super nice but could not look up any info other than the truck is awaiting shipment which has been the case since January. I asked her several times to put me into contact with someone who might have access to more information than she did. She told me the dealer was the only one that could help me... unfortunately the dealer has also asked ford for more info and tried several lines of communication with pretty much the same results I got. It's pretty dang frustrating to say the least. If any one has contact info to any of the regional sales managers for the utah I would greatly appreciate it.

Have you asked the dealer to see if a similar truck can be found in stock? Ford can also do a national search to find one in stock at any dealer. Worth a shot.

I still think it's ridiculous the dealer didn't reorder your truck immediately.

• Like 1

I have not had them look into finding one. They are a very small dealer and also family friends. From what I have been told is they will be stuck with the truck I ordered (if it ever shows up) even if they find me a different one. Probably not a big deal for the largest dealers but I would hate to stick them with a truck, especially when it's out of their control. Also, it's a gas motor truck and around here that will not sell to quickly as most everyone prefers the diesel