2019 Mustang Premium Rear Brake Calipers

MidnightCowboy

In the 2019 Mustang order guide under standard equipment it says:

Larger Brake Rotors with Four-Piston Fixed Calipers

Is that just the front or is it the rear, too?

If it's not the rear too then what calipers and rotors does it have on the rear?

(I just mean standard equipment not Brembo in the performance packages).

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I know about the compact spare. I'm not getting the Performance Package.

I just meant what kind of calipers are standard on the rear of the Mustang GT premium.

In the 2019 Mustang order guide under standard equipment it says:

Larger Brake Rotors with Four-Piston Fixed Calipers

Is that just the front or is it the rear, too?

If it's not the rear too then what calipers and rotors does it have on the rear?

(I just mean standard equipment not Brembo in the performance packages).

Thank you!

The brakes on the rear sadly are the same generic 1-piston brakes they put on most models. This even holds true for the PP1/PP2 equipped cars.

Geez and we all think our Bosses have underrated Brembos. Installing larger rotors, more Pistons, different shoes/pads and on and on. Guess most don't realize what they have to start with. Also imbalance problem can occur with wrong size/mismatched rotors and gripping characteristics, an ABS thing. Good info......

Also nobody admits with their changes that things maybe got worse with overheating, brake fade. All and any changes are vast improvements (ok) lol......

Edited by Rich B.

Geez and we all think our Bosses have underrated Brembos. Installing larger rotors, more Pistons, different shoes/pads and on and on. Guess most don't realize what they have to start with. Also imbalance problem can occur with wrong size/mismatched rotors and gripping characteristics, an ABS thing. Good info......

Also nobody admits with their changes that things maybe got worse with overheating, brake fade. All and any changes are vast improvements (ok) lol......

Coming from a Focus ST that I autocross and take to track days, I can attest that the stock rear brakes are up to the task. Just like with any performance car in a performance situation, cooling is king. I changed out the brake fluid to StopTech STR-660 and some EBC yellow pads and it did just fine. I expect the same will be true of the GT PP2.