New Ford Mustang Funny Car body scheduled to debut in 2019

IMSA-XJR9

I might feel different if I was a participant rather than spectator, but I think drag racing is the most boring form of motorsport there is

No, NASCAR has that crown.

Actually, it's all pretty boring except monster trucks. Monster trucks are awesome! Oh, and demolition derby and figure 8 races. Hmmm, maybe I just like destruction. :)

Never watched NHRA. Gave up on NASCAR years ago.

I've been trying to watch Formula 1 but it's just as boring - no passing, silly DRS.

Indy car is only slightly better and just as boring on ovals.

IMSA is the only one I really like and even there the BOP rules make it so much less interesting. I think they should set the BOP rules at the beginning of the year and let the teams run with that for the entire year, then adjust next year if necessary. So what if one mfr or team dominates? That's the reward for good engineering/tuning/driving. What's the point in finding a 1 second per lap advantage if they just add 50 lbs the next week and negate it?

• Like 1

IMSA is the only one I really like and even there the BOP rules make it so much less interesting. I think they should set the BOP rules at the beginning of the year and let the teams run with that for the entire year, then adjust next year if necessary. So what if one mfr or team dominates? That's the reward for good engineering/tuning/driving. What's the point in finding a 1 second per lap advantage if they just add 50 lbs the next week and negate it?

Everybody gets a trophy!

• Like 2

Actually, it's all pretty boring except monster trucks. Monster trucks are awesome! Oh, and demolition derby and figure 8 races. Hmmm, maybe I just like destruction. :)

Uh, Monster Jam uses a spec engine too.

I still watch NASCAR since that is one of the few motorsports where Ford makes a decent effort to be competitive. If the Cup series switches to spec engines I'll be done watching NASCAR too.

I still watch NASCAR since that is one of the few motorsports where Ford makes a decent effort to be competitive. If the Cup series switches to spec engines I'll be done watching NASCAR too.

What effort is it that you think Ford makes other than providing the molds for the front, rear and hood?

As opposed to the teams themselves.

Edited by akirby

Uh, Monster Jam uses a spec engine too.

Uh, Monster Jam (and monster trucks in general) are about a lot more than engines.

Besides, I didn't mention anything about engines. It's just fun to watch.