2017 Sport Explorer shudder

We have a 2017 Sport Explorer that we are currently in the middle of the buy back process with. It had/has this shudder or stutter in what feels like the transmission when going about 55mph.. especially when on any kind of incline. Anybody else have this issue with the Explorer? I e seen where its evident in the F150 but havent heard anything about it being in Explorer?

Anybody else have to go through the buy back process? We havent received our offer back from Ford yet but are really confused on the process. We certainly do not want to replace with another Explorer so does that help us or hurt us in this process?

We certainly do not want to replace with another Explorer

Why not? Everyone has their occasional lemon (you know who you are Honda and Toyota!). The German brand reputation for reliability is hardly stellar.

This is not common, and certainly likely to be an isolated case, Ford is apparently acknowledging and taking care of you. Where else are you going find a SUV as cool as an Explorer Sport?

Edited by Kev-Mo

• 3 weeks later...

My wife had a 2013 Sport for about 65k plus miles, which she loved. If there is a problem with the Explorer one might argue it is the EPAS system, which has been known to have issues. We had an issue with our EPAS, but did not experience the problem you describe here. Ford did us solid on the repair of the EPAS because it was past warranty and we only had to pay $300 for a $1,600 repair.

I understand being pissed about the issue, as it is frustrating, but I personally wouldnt forgo another Explorer out of concern for this same problem occurring. These are machines and machines can have problems, and fortunately it sounds like Ford is trying to make it right for you at least.