My New Mustang!

• 3 weeks later...

Well folks, I have bad news....

With only 1,000 miles on it, on the way to work this morning, I stopped for traffic in front of me, and well....the driver behind me didnt exactly stop. Its not a terrible accident as you can see from the pics, but needless to say the bumper and lower trim are both damaged. One of the exhaust tips was slightly bent (the inner most one on the passenger side as well (Its probably hard to notice in pics). Aside from this and the sunburn I got in it over the weekend, its been great so far.

tDL75d7.jpg

qllHrf4.jpg

icCCH2k.jpg

Edited by rmc523

Now wouldn't you just know that was going to happen. In ME most of them are on their cell phones, some still texting of coarse. Drivers suck here, many head on collisions. Not a thing can be done when stopping of coarse but I drive towards the ditch side of the road as much as possible, they're always coming over the centerline on hills and curves usually. One time avoided an actual head on by ditching the car, hit the guy behind me though. I was fine but this was even a straight a way no less.

Completely a defensive tasking, driving these days. And now any idiot in the state is legally allowed to carry a concealed handgun, oh goody. Way backward state...... Deserve what they get.

Edited by Rich B.

Texting and cellphone users have hit every car I have owned from 1996 to now except my Sable. I've come to expect that sooner or later I will be hit at a traffic light or stop sign every few years. Luckily me current Mustang fared much better than the last, sustaining 700 dollars of damage.

Remy, I know you asked me about the black Mustang before... It was hit so hard from behind by a contractor's pickup that the hood almost fell off. The garage determined it to be unfixable, but the insurance company insisted it needed to be fixed, so after spending $8,000 dollars fixing a car that had a book value of $7,800 I got the car back "fixed" with water leaks, creaking roof and eventually the frame started to rust, bend and cracked, (and the time it caught on fire was fun too, but driving 100 mph in the rain put it out.) so I traded it for the current 2012 grey Mustang.

The dealer I traded the 2005 in sold it for scrap.

So the black 2005 Mustang that I used in the sitcom I filmed is now salvaged and dead. The 2012 one I have now is in my current film with heavy CGI to turn it into a 1969 Mustang GT.